What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Just watched series 1 of Him and Her in a marathon tonight. It's nothing I'd watch again and isn't quotable, but it surpassed my expectations. The two leads have great chemistry. I recognised the bloke but couldn't think where from, but realised he's Rudge in The History Boys. Overall, I enjoyed it but doubt I'd have watched it on a one episode per week basis.

• Paid Members

So in 2013, I watched a few shows start to finish that have been going on for years (Breaking Bad, Dexter, Homeland), and with the breaks in the likes of The Following and The Blacklist, I'm on the hunt for another show. Any recommendations? You'll probably get an idea of my tastes from the shows above. So far I've got Game of Thrones and The Wire on the list.

• Paid Members
seems to be an annual post of mine, but need a new comedy to watch as caught up with It's Always Sunny...

Criteria: US based 30 min or under

Brooklyn Nine-Nine? It's discussed a bit a couple of pages back, it's new this year and I'm enjoying it so far. Curb your enthusiasm is of a pretty high standard if you want something with a bit of a bigger back catalogue, wasn't personally keen on series 7 but the rest is really good.

So in 2013, I watched a few shows start to finish that have been going on for years

Did you watch the Shield? That ran for 7 seasons and I loved it.

Edited by Call me Bellend

Brooklyn 99 is starting on C5 in a week or two, so that'll be an easy one.

I know I'm months behind, but I've been bashing through the last series of Homeland and have really enjoyed it! Better than the 2nd series, and much more political and less sensational. Surprised at some of the reviews.

• Paid Members
So in 2013, I watched a few shows start to finish that have been going on for years (Breaking Bad, Dexter, Homeland), and with the breaks in the likes of The Following and The Blacklist, I'm on the hunt for another show. Any recommendations? You'll probably get an idea of my tastes from the shows above. So far I've got Game of Thrones and The Wire on the list.

Check out the UKFF 50 favorite dramas list in my sig. Loads of good shit in there.

• Paid Members
So in 2013, I watched a few shows start to finish that have been going on for years

Thats another one that the misses has mentioned. Which one should I pick out of The Wire or The Shield? Both look similar..

Community?

The League?

Arrested Development?

Freaks and Geeks is very good, but it was cancelled so doesn't hae many episodes.

Sorry missed off Community which I watched and gave up on after S3, seen all of AD too.

Freaks and Geeks and Curb will be next methinks, cheers!

• Paid Members

Thats another one that the misses has mentioned. Which one should I pick out of The Wire or The Shield? Both look similar..

Apart from both being cop shows, they are nothing alike. The Wire is the best TV show of all time, but if you want something more popcorny dumb unrealistic fun then go with The Shield.

• Moderators
Community?

The League?

Arrested Development?

Freaks and Geeks is very good, but it was cancelled so doesn't hae many episodes.

Sorry missed off Community which I watched and gave up on after S3, seen all of AD too.

Freaks and Geeks and Curb will be next methinks, cheers!

The other one suggested, the League, is really good. I've just been catchign up on that over the last week or so on Netflix.

• Paid Members
seems to be an annual post of mine, but need a new comedy to watch as caught up with It's Always Sunny...

Criteria: US based 30 min or under

already seen The Office, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, Californication, Entourage, Modern Family...

Currently watching Eastbound and Down, Childrens Hospital, Trailer Park Boys...

Wasn't into New Girl or Happy Endings...

Errrrm is there anything in the same sorta vibe? Is Freaks and Geeks worth a shout? Curb?

Freaks and Geeks is fantastic, there isn't a bad episode of it, shame it was cancelled so soon. Theres an unofficial follow up series called Undeclared that has a lot of the same writers and cast that was lost in the shuffle as just another teen comedy/ drama that has some great moments in it. Even Charlie Hunnam being his usual shitty self cant bring it down.

Curb is fantastic, theres enough been said about it on here, you won't be disappointed.

I found The Wire difficult to grasp. I watched Series 1 and didn't have any inclination to watch the next series. I had to stick subtitles on and didn't know a lot of the legal terms. Frankly, it was too heavy for me and there wasn't enough to make me engage with the characters. This was when I was 19 so my opinions might change now but I'm not sure. My mates bummed it at the time.