What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Been making my way through Seinfeld for the past few weeks and it's incredible how well that show has aged. You could debut it today and none of the characters or storylines would seem outdated. Plus, Elaine :love:.

I think Curb Your Enthusiasm is next on my list, followed by Eastbound & Down and Parks & Recreation.

I haven't started season three yet but almost certainly not.

There's no connection between season one or two, character or storyline wise.

Lovely, ta. I do have Season 1 on Blu Ray to watch, but I've only got through a few episodes. Really liking it, but I haven't been able to find the time to devote to it.

• Paid Members

Has anyone else been watching Gogglebox on Channel 4?

The premise is simple, you watch a myriad of couples/families/mates sitting down watching the previous weeks television.

It's a great little watch, especially the majority of the opinions being put across on television being so similar to your own. The moment I realised this show was great was when during highlights for the awful Downton Abbey a posh couple summed the show up, with the wife being exceptionally sentimental and with the hubby simply turning to her and proclaiming "What a load of old shit!"

People mocking X-Factor and their intent to mock the socially weak is in there, awkward moments as sons sit around parents as sexy times pour out the screen are there also, and quirky finds of TV Burp hilarity are aplenty (especially with the Posh fella).

Give it a watch ... it's great.

Edited by Teedy Kay

• Paid Members
Just finished watching Broadchurch. I enjoyed it but as per usual it was let down by some hamminess & tacky shit which seems to plague all British drama these days.

It was the last episode that let it down for me.

Also,

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

how shit a cop are you that you don't realise your husband is behind it until very, very late? He didn't seem to have any suspicion on him for most of the show.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Been making my way through 'The Killing' on Netflix. Not long started season 2 and it's got me pretty hooked so far. Though I've heard that the current cast sod off after season 2 and it then becomes pretty shit. Any truth to this?

The premise is simple, you watch a myriad of couples/families/mates sitting down watching the previous weeks television.

It's a great little watch, especially the majority of the opinions being put across on television being so similar to your own. The moment I realised this show was great was when during highlights for the awful Downton Abbey a posh couple summed the show up, with the wife being exceptionally sentimental and with the hubby simply turning to her and proclaiming "What a load of old shit!"

People mocking X-Factor and their intent to mock the socially weak is in there, awkward moments as sons sit around parents as sexy times pour out the screen are there also, and quirky finds of TV Burp hilarity are aplenty (especially with the Posh fella).

The missus got me watching that one week, the squirming when the sex in a box thing was on was hilarious with the asian family who didnt know which way to turn and ended up making cups of tea.

Dont like the Jim Royle dude, Posh couple are great as are the two lasses on the sofa. It's alright, but nothing spectatular.

How has Masters of Sex got another series? A completely detestable lead, Michael Sheen plays him well, but he isnt likeable and some far fetched stories that just dont work It's almost like watching a mix of that cake thing with Anna Friel and Mad Men, but it's not very good, wonder if it picks up as the series progresses. Dont get me wrong the direction and setting is great, it's just that an unlikeable male lead and the stereotyped walking cliche of an assistant with a Ross/Rachel storyline and other absurdities are not progressing it much.

• Paid Members

I tried to watch it the first series it was on and thought it was shit, but didn't give it much of a chance. This series on currently though has became must-watch in our flat. It's still fundamentally a completely shit show, but watching it with other people definitely improves it. The old bloke and his wife, the gay couple and the posh couple are the stand-out stars of the show. That posh bloke just being constantly hammered is a highlight.

• Paid Members

Might catch this. Reminds me a bit of Flipside TV. Which they should still be making, anyway.