What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Astro - what was your take on the replacement Spartacus? I'm a few episodes into S02, and though I like his voice I'm not sure he's really physically imposing enough. He's surrounded by ripped motherfuckers, and the original guy looked like he was a match for them. This chap jsut feels a bit... soft.

• Moderators
Astro - what was your take on the replacement Spartacus? I'm a few episodes into S02, and though I like his voice I'm not sure he's really physically imposing enough. He's surrounded by ripped motherfuckers, and the original guy looked like he was a match for them. This chap jsut feels a bit... soft.

It's jarring at first, but he finds his feet about halfway into S2. It kind of makes sense that Spartacus would play a little differently as a character anyway, as he goes from a slave to a guy in charge of an army, and is unsure of himself as he learns to become a leader of men. Even if it had been Andy Whitfield, I think people would have been a bit "What's with Spartacus?" at the start of S2.

Gannicus has to be one of the most handsome men ever. Even I would. He was such a fucking great character to turn up in the 2nd (prequel) series of a tv show.

• Paid Members

half way through the Season 3 of Oz, i still don't really know what to make of it. I enjoy it in spurts, the show is so fucking cold though and the characters are so dislikable that it's really hard to get engaged with. The storylines just come and go so fast that it's hard to really remember who's at war with at what point cause they all go at each other at some point.

I really want a Gannicus spin off showing what he did between Gods of the Arena and Vengeance. Does he remind anyone else of Shawn Michaels?

I just finished season 1 of Arrow which I decided to watch mostly because of Manu Bennett aka Crixus, it's a typical CW show with models playing every part and they are all wealthy yet so conflicted, it had ok action but I don't see what all the fuss is about.