What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Futurama is as tremendous as ever.

I've lost track of it completely - 'The Beast With A Billion Backs' is the most recent thing I've seen. How many series do I need to catch up on?

The two feature length films after Beast which are Bender's Game and Into the Wild Green Yonder (all four film's were split up into 4 parts to make a Season 5)

Season 6 which is 26 episodes split into two 13 episode half seasons

Season 7 (current) which is again 2 half seasons, 7A which aired between June and August last year and 7B which started with a double episode this past week

• Paid Members

Just about finished watching "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" on Netflix. It's much better than I was expecting (though I had heard it was good), mostly down to Danny Devito.

Not my thing usually, but found myself enjoying The Call Centre on BBC3. Anyone seen it?

Yeah a few episodes, it's pretty good. People say they can't believe that places are like that, but having worked in a few call centres which are exactly like that, then it's not that far fetched as people seem to make out. Me and a few other ex-Loans.co.uk employees have made the point that it's identical to how life was there. Good stuff, really enjoying it, getting a bit of a nostalgia pang when it comes on and I never want to work in a call centre ever again.

• Paid Members
Funny you say that, today I've watched loads of Ripping Yarns and it's just smashing.

Be ta hokey, I forgot all about Ripping Yarns!! My da (who still operates in VHS) has a few taped off the telly from years ago, I remember. And they have them all on Stagevu, I just seen. There's my next viewing sorted after Flying Circus.

• Paid Members

Muslim World Network (Sky channel 857), which is a new channel aimed at British Muslims. I find it fascinating.

The channel hasn't officially launched yet (that happens July 1) however at 10pm everyday they have a live studio phone in show normally fronted by Jawad (from London - who as far as I can gather converted to Islam in 1996 or rededicated himself to Islam in 1996; I had assumed that he was a black guy and was a convert but I think I heard him mention that he's Pakistani so it's possible that he was born a Muslim and strayed from his faith) and Faruq (a white convert from Essex - who actually isn't on tonight) They are usually joined by various other guests as well. I discovered the channel by accident and I find myself flicking to it most evenings if I have nothing to watch. I don't know why I find it so interesting. It's probably because it's a view in to a world I know nothing about. The channel isn't slick. I think they do have something though, and Jawad especially comes across as very likable and is somewhat charismatic in a kind of subdued British way.

Also, the other week I discovered Donnie Swaggert, a christian evangelist. He's the son of Jimmy Swaggert. Swaggert senior being the preacher who famously got caught with a hooker, said sorry on TV and then got caught in the company of another hooker.

I'm not religious at all but I find Brother Donnie ridiculously entertaining. The man is the best promo I have ever seen. There is no professional wrestler (and I find the theatrical preaching of Brother Donnie entertaining in the same way I do pro-wresting) who can touch Donnie, and I mean no pro wrestler. I find him so entertaining that I watched a one hour You Tube video of him on Saturday. It was just him preaching. The man is a wonderful performer. I can't begrudge him one dime. Donnie cuts money promos and so Donnie makes money. He deserves every cent. He can be found on the Sonlife (Sky 596) or You Tube and such.

Edited by nfc90210

Thought the 14th episode of Futrame with the drag racing was absolutely awful, I love the show but it's probably had it's day. Apart from one half a season that was really good it's been rubbish since it came back.

Have you read Flatland? The 2nd half is basically a homage to that book (which is a fantastic look at perception of reality) and guaranteed my enjoyment of the episode. Admittedly if the main enjoyment you get from something stems from the fact it references a semi obscure book then it's probably flawed...

Edited by organizedkaos