What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Ha! I was going to ask 'what theme do you think of after the HBO ident?' in here yesterday.For me it was always Oz, then that got replaced with Curb', now it's back to Oz for some reason, even though I haven't watched it since it was first broadcast here

It barely has to start and my brain is going "bum, bum, bum... diddly-de-de-de, duh-duh-duh-dah..."larry-david.jpgCan't see it ever changing.

• Paid Members

Watched about 5 episodes of 'Longmire' on Netflix over the last week. Basically a president day cop drama set around the rural plains of Wyoming. Nothing to write home about and lacks a bit of bite in places, but I'm finding it an easy watch and am happy to go back to it when I've got some time to kill. The unspoiled, New Mexico western setting is lovely and right up my street. Robert Taylor is doing a great job as the lead and Katee Sackhoff knows how to squeeze herself into a pair of tight Levis.

Anyone else seen it?

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Moderators

All you need to know about the remake of Prisoner Cell Block H, 'Wentworth', is contained in this line from the first episode:kris_e345_E4.jpg

"Your time's over, clitty-licker. We're comin' to get ya."

One episode in, and it's all you'd hope for from a modern Prisoner, except a reimagined Lizzie, the super wrinkly one. Sheila_Florence_1980.jpgModern Australian TV is so strange though. In the last few years, with Underbelly, it's like they finally figured out how to do good stuff that's well received critically, but I don't know if they're getting over decades of televisual repression, because it's all a bit "NUDITY, VIOLENCE, SWEARS, DRUGS, LOUD MUSIC!", all gleeful. Maybe they can suddenly get away with that so they're going nuts. It's all entertaining stuff, but it feels like there's a fourteen-year-old in the writers room throwing out suggestions. Maybe as a nation they're still... artistically maturing? Is that racist?

• Paid Members

Season 8 of Curb was excellent if a little guest star heavy, I love the dynamic between Larry and JB Smoove though and there were some cracking episodes. One of my favorite overall seasons, watch it!

• Moderators

I FORGOT ABOUT WENTWORTH!When I get my old laptop sorted so don't have to use this relic which doesn't even like having two tabs open at once I'm all over that.Anyway, because I'm a super cool motherfucker, in with all the hip trends, recently I've mainly been watching Four In A Bed and Come Dine With Me.I love them both.

• Paid Members

I've started watching Game of Thrones over the weekend due to insistence from my brother. Definitely hear The Sopranos after the HBO static although my brother also says Sex and the Cith which annoys him no end.I'm about 6 episodes in and starting to rather enjoy it. Khal Drogo is boss and his lady is lovely.