What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Tiffani-Amber Thiessen was the sexy lesbian cop boss in a criminally underrated cop show called Fastlane, other than that and a couple of true life drama movies I've not seen her in anything else which is a shame because she's one of the best looking people ever.

• Moderators

Yeah, Tiffani Thiseen did well. 90210, perpetually in FHM top 100s, all sorts. Mark Paul Gosselaar also had an awesome cameo in weeds.

George Haynes is great in Punky Brewster, but he's great anyway. Super booming voice. They're all on YouTube if you want to give it a go, Chilli. Don't expect Curb, but it's a serviceable enough kidscom. Be warned though, it is VERY 80s. Possibly the most 80s one ever.

Wonder will much of the original cast be back for that Boy Meets World spin off?I've not seen any of the main cast in much else since the show finished so they might be glad of the work.I know Fishel was a presenter and the lad who plays Sean hosts a book podcast I listen to,and Eric was in a kids movie where he takes the US presidents daughter on a date (with wacky results!) but thats pretty much it as far as I know.

Wouldn't be much use without Corey's da,Eric and Sean at the minimum.Feeny is probably a bit old at this stage.

It's no Blossom! I was watching Mrs Doubtfire the other week which reminded me that the son in it was the brother of Joey Lewrence which prompted me to see what he had done since mid 90's Trouble kidcom Brotherly Love. A load a shit apparently but amongst it there was a show where he plays Clarissa's manny. It's called, ingeniously, Melissa and Joey.

Was Joey the character who had "woah" as his catchphrase? I occasionally use the "woah" reaction and nobody gets the reference, so I'm worried I imagined it.

Yeah, it was. If I remember correctly wasn't he a basketball playing maths teacher?

Yeah an ex nba player who got cut from his team so had to become a teacher, they always seemed to have that on before fresh prince on trouble.

Edited by hitman89762000

Andy and Daryl becoming key characters in the second to last season was a big turn off for me. Decent enough characters but their fame outside the show didn't really warrant them becoming Carrell's replacements. It should have ended season 7.

Edit - This is about The Office. Not sure how I completely missed the other posts talking about something else.

Edited by Sexy Dad

Wonder will much of the original cast be back for that Boy Meets World spin off?I've not seen any of the main cast in much else since the show finished so they might be glad of the work.I know Fishel was a presenter and the lad who plays Sean hosts a book podcast I listen to,and Eric was in a kids movie where he takes the US presidents daughter on a date (with wacky results!) but thats pretty much it as far as I know.

Wouldn't be much use without Corey's da,Eric and Sean at the minimum.Feeny is probably a bit old at this stage.

In addition to setting its premiere date, the network confirmed the return of fan favorites in guest-starring roles. Mr. Feeney (William Daniels) will impart his wisdom and insight on life, along with Cory's bad boy best friend Shawn Hunter (Rider Strong). Resident nerd Minkus (Lee Norris), Harley Keiner (Danny McNulty), and Cory's parents (William Russ and Betsy Randle) will also appear on the show

• Paid Members

I think the season 7 refers to The Office - An American Workplace. Which I enjoyed to the end, even if the quality dipped.

Speaking of dipping, watched the latest Simpsons (Lego special) and while it was fun to see and well animated, i just feel it is so tired. No where near the quality of seasons 1-6 and just feel it should have ended a long time ago now :/

Also, I am really looking forward to Girl Meets World. Loved the original, and had a very good finale as well

• Paid Members
I think the season 7 refers to The Office - An American Workplace. Which I enjoyed to the end, even if the quality dipped.

Speaking of dipping, watched the latest Simpsons (Lego special) and while it was fun to see and well animated, i just feel it is so tired. No where near the quality of seasons 1-6 and just feel it should have ended a long time ago now :/

Also, I am really looking forward to Girl Meets World. Loved the original, and had a very good finale as well

The Simpsons was really bloody good till at least Season 9. Season 8 was the last super great season for me, it had Frank Grimes and everything.

Butch, will certainly give Punky Brewster a try sometime this weekend before Eurovision. I love 1980's American family TV. I assume I'm the only Charles in Charge fan around here.

It's no Blossom! I was watching Mrs Doubtfire the other week which reminded me that the son in it was the brother of Joey Lewrence which prompted me to see what he had done since mid 90's Trouble kidcom Brotherly Love. A load a shit apparently but amongst it there was a show where he plays Clarissa's manny. It's called, ingeniously, Melissa and Joey.

Was Joey the character who had "woah" as his catchphrase? I occasionally use the "woah" reaction and nobody gets the reference, so I'm worried I imagined it.

image-7.jpg

I used to wonder why Americans had such cool hair cuts and the most adventurous I ever got was a step with 'WWF' shaved in the back.

Where did all the parents fuck off to on these shows, kids were always living with aunts or uncles or moving in with the protagonists.