What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators
Fargo was pretty fucking good. Martin Freeman did his best William H Macy and Billy Bob Thornton always rules. Looking forward to next weeks. It kept the darkly funny feel of the film, one of my very favourite films, and was a success for me.

What is the general opinion of Fargo from the other posters on here? I have watched it a few times over the years and watched it again before watching the new TV series. While I like it and do find it to be a good film, I really have never got why is gets such overwhelmingly great praise.

It get's get praise because everything about it is perfect. From William H Macy putting in a great shift to Peter Stormare showing emotion watching a soap. Great plot, great humour, great suspense, Fargo has it all. If The Coen Brothers didn't make Millers Crossing as well it'd be my favourite film.

This says it all:

Edited by PowerButchi

Fargo was great. Rather than a note for note copy of the original it's more like a really good cover version that doesn't fuck with the shit that made the original so good. The whole thing looked and felt like a proper film instead of a TV series and it captured the tone of the film perfectly. Thought it was a mini series so I'm really looking forward to where this goes over 10 episodes.

Been working my way through the last two seasons of The US Office and it's been a complete chore for the most part. The quality had already started to decline towards of the Carrell era but nothing like this. A complete dive off a cliff in every way. The James Spader character is so out of place it's like he's wandered in from another show, and Catherine Tait's character just doesn't work at all. Think I'm about half way through the last season now and I'll finish it just to see how they wrap things up, but it's quite sad to see the show ending on such a low.

• Moderators

If you're not currently watching Mr Drew: School For Boys on C4, make sure you catch in on +1 at 10pm. It's awesome, hilariously funny, and the naughty schoolboys are the real baby faces and the head acts like a creepy paedo and I hope the naughty boys don't get cured.

Edited by PowerButchi

Been working my way through the last two seasons of The US Office and it's been a complete chore for the most part. The quality had already started to decline towards of the Carrell era but nothing like this. A complete dive off a cliff in every way. The James Spader character is so out of place it's like he's wandered in from another show, and Catherine Tait's character just doesn't work at all. Think I'm about half way through the last season now and I'll finish it just to see how they wrap things up, but it's quite sad to see the show ending on such a low.

I've just finished the last series with Carrell. It's like when he left they decided to try in "big names" to bridge the gap Carrell left but didn't think too much about the characters. I didn't think Will Ferrell's character was good. Is Catherine Tate a big name in America?

I would of liked to have seen David Brent run the American Office instead of Will Ferrel.

As usual the blame will be laid at the feet of the underpaid, undertrained and overworked nurses, rather than the businesses that they work for who put profits before care standards.

I heard the head of the CQC on the radio this morning talking about standards in care, where her organisation have been as effective as pissing on a bonfire over the last few years. I've been following this story in Private Eye for about 5 years now, so it's hardly new news.

• Awards Moderator
If you're not currently watching Mr Drew: School For Boys on C4, make sure you catch in on +1 at 10pm. It's awesome, hilariously funny, and the naughty schoolboys are the real baby faces and the head acts like a creepy paedo and I hope the naughty boys don't get cured.

How can you say that about Mr Drew?! He's amazing. Sorry, it's Essex: totes amazeballs. That deadpan, monotone delivery just cuts through all their bullshit. He's god-tier.