What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Did anyone see 'The Great Ticket Scandal' episode of Dispatches last night? Basically, an undercover report highlighting how tour promoters (Livenation, SJM)give supposed 'fan to fan' ticket resellers large allocations of tickets to sell at a premium & get a kick-back. I wasn't surprised it's happening but I didn't know it was happening to the extent it is.

Another quite specific recommendation post I'm afraid.

Can anybody suggest some easy to watch shows with short episodes, suitable for the whole family (Age 4, 13, 30, 31)? We already watch or have finished watching; Community, Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Everybody Loves Raymond, Rules of Engagement, Joey and don't find Two and a Half Men funny and we're not that keen on Just Shoot Me or Seinfeld for example. Doesn't need to be comedy, we have also been watching Once Upon a Time, which the wee one has been loving.

Cheers!

Did anyone see 'The Great Ticket Scandal' episode of Dispatches last night? Basically, an undercover report highlighting how tour promoters (Livenation, SJM)give supposed 'fan to fan' ticket resellers large allocations of tickets to sell at a premium & get a kick-back. I wasn't surprised it's happening but I didn't know it was happening to the extent it is.

Yeah, I was a little shocked at the actual tour promoters doing that. I guess its a fair point that at least this way they get a kick-back of the profit, rather than nothing if it went through a tout. Was a pretty boring show, though, as it was essentially 15 minutes worth of a show stretched out into an hour. Also, if there werent a lot of idiots willing to pay

• Paid Members

Saw some BBC3 comedy called Pramface last night and oddly enough it wasn't completely shit. I mean, it wasn't great but I laughed at some bits and for a change it wasn't dependent on being as crude and disgusting as it can be. Also, remember Vicki Fowler on Eastenders?

vicki_fowler_306.jpg

Well she's in this Pramface and looks like this now -

scarlett_johnson.png

Also Angus Deayton is in it.

• Paid Members
I've just found out that Archer, AKA the funniest thing on telly, has been commissioned for a 4th season! Hooray!

Ive been catching up with season 3. The episodes with Burt Reynolds and Cyril becoming a field agent were especially brilliant.

All my other shows have dipped or go back and forth in quality, you're right Archer is my current #1 comedy.

Saw some BBC3 comedy called Pramface last night and oddly enough it wasn't completely shit. I mean, it wasn't great but I laughed at some bits and for a change it wasn't dependent on being as crude and disgusting as it can be. Also, remember Vicki Fowler on Eastenders?

vicki_fowler_306.jpg

Well she's in this Pramface and looks like this now -

scarlett_johnson.png

Also Angus Deayton is in it.

She's also in Kidult or Adulthood I forget which... Probably the 2nd one.