UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Not a PPV match but the HBK vs Cena match from the UK was longer than that wasn't it? Can't think of any PPV examples though.

That was 54 minutes on TV (37ish minutes on screen plus ad breaks), though I remember reading the actual live match was only 42 minutes and they padded it out on TV by, for example, having a three minute ad break but only cutting out 30 seconds of the match.

Who's wrestled for the longest on a PPV then? I remember Benoit wrestled 3 times in one evening on PPV, that must have tallied up.

Not a PPV match but the HBK vs Cena match from the UK was longer than that wasn't it? Can't think of any PPV examples though.

That was 54 minutes on TV (37ish minutes on screen plus ad breaks), though I remember reading the actual live match was only 42 minutes and they padded it out on TV by, for example, having a three minute ad break but only cutting out 30 seconds of the match.

I recall it being an hour including entrances and post match celebration live.

• Paid Members
Who's wrestled for the longest on a PPV then? I remember Benoit wrestled 3 times in one evening on PPV, that must have tallied up.

I don't remember that. Benoit was meant to wrestle three times at Souled Out 2000 but when he was moved into the title match instead, they gave the "wrestle three matches" gig to Kidman. They weren't especially long matches. Benoit did wrestle twice a fair few times, one of which was Judgment Day 2001 where he did best of three falls with Kurt Angle, then wrestled for 12 minutes of a tag team turmoil with Jericho. He also wrestled twice at Bad Blood 2004, tagging with Edge against La Res for the tag belts and then defending the big belt against Kane. If he did wrestle three times on a PPV, I'm struggling to remember which one.

Savage at WM IV wrestled 4 times

In terms of length of time wrestled, I don't think that will count for much, his first three matches were all short. I have a feeling that Bret's 3 matches at King of the Ring '93 will clock in at more ring time than Savage's 4 there. Actually, I wouldn't bet against Bret's 2 matches at SummerSlam '93 which were both decent length, lasting longer than Randy's run at Mania IV.

The winner's going to be Rey, isn't it? He was in his winning Rumble for 62 minutes.

EDIT - checked some match times on Wiki and did the maths.

Savage at Mania IV - 24 mins 45

Bret at KOTR '93 - 47 mins 32

Bret at SummerSlam '93 - 15 mins 37 - wow, him and Lawler I remember being longer than 6.37. Win some, lose some.

Benoit at Judgment Day 2001 - 36 mins 24

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Angle went 3 times at King of the Ring 2001, vs Christian, Edge and then the street fight with Shane. Think they were all a fair length as well. Christian was shortish but surely the other two were given a bit of time?

Didn't Bret and Michaels go longer than Reys 62 mins at WrestleMania XII? How long did the restart go, was it less than 2? Must be close.

• Paid Members
Angle went 3 times at King of the Ring 2001, vs Christian, Edge and then the street fight with Shane. Think they were all a fair length as well. Christian was shortish but surely the other two were given a bit of time?

44:38 in total. 08:17, 10:21, 26:00.

Didn't Bret and Michaels go longer than Reys 62 mins at WrestleMania XII? How long did the restart go, was it less than 2? Must be close.

1:01:52 to Rey's 1:02:12

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
How many times has a heel beaten a face clean at Wrestlemania? Watching Mania 28 and Kane just beat Orton clean. I can also think of Bret v Owen and Khali v Kane. I'm sure there must be a few others but damned if I can think of them...

Fucking loads of times in the good old days. Off the top of my head -

IV

Valentine pinning Steamboat

Ted DiBiase pinning Muraco

V

Twin Towers beat The Rockers

Mr Perfect pinning Blue Blazer

VI

The Model beating Koko

Earthquake pinning Hercules

The Barbarian pinning Tito

Rick Rude pinning Superfly

VII

Undertaker pinning Superfly

VIII

Shawn pinning Tito

.... all of those were clean. More recently you've also omitted the blinding Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels from WrestleMania XXI which Angle, the heel, won by clean submission. That'll start you off.