UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

11 years ago... Notorious 'BritWres' incident, "Ring-gate

what a fascinating read in the gold section I think that is the first time I have read the log all 12 pages worth

I want to know Steve lynskey's take on it he threated to tell his side of the story but never did?

I did post this in the UK wrestling forum part apparently I posted in the wrong section with twats like FelatioLips putting stupid comments

Not sure if this is supposed to go in Off-Topic but does anyone know which places in Glasgow, other than Walkabout, will be showing WrestleMania XXX if any?

I had heard a while ago that Juan Chuaha(sp?) on Sauchiehall Street was also showing it but they had issues with their feed the last time for either Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber so not sure if that's still the case.

• Paid Members

Why is the Invasion angle always looked down on? I wasn't watching wrestling at the time, I think the last PPV I saw at that time was WM16. But I can imagine that at the time the thought of having ECW vs WWF with WCW thrown in somewhere would have been a wrestling fans wet dream. Was that the problem - expectations really high? Or did they really just fuck it up?

• Paid Members

Ooh, I always like a chance to repost this one.

Why is wrestling cyclical, but real sports, film, books and popular music aren't. There is nothing inherently cyclical about wrestling other than the fact that promoters consistently let good spells blind them to the need to prepare for the future. They then use 'it's just a downcycle' as a carny excuse for fucking it up.

Logically, why should a sports-related business in which YOU CONTROL THE OUTCOMES be cyclical?

Let's take the WWF in 2001. They've got 400 million bucks in the bank, they've just bought the competition including its trademarks, 24 fresh workers and the video library. And they are putting on the biggest show in the history of the wrestling business, drawing $40 million in a night with one of the best cards in PPV history, containing something for everyone in all styles.

Sounds like an enviable position huh?

You, Vince McMahon announce the purchase of your competition and put it in the on-screen hands of your son, an overexposed WWF character. You then don't even mention the company for a couple of months. Two million loyal WCW fans turn off and drop out of wrestling never to return.

You turn your top star heel (which has potential) but put him with his long-time rival (er, yourself) without explanation. You have done this turn at the same time your other top babyface is disappearing for the summer to make movies. The logical plan B, of turning your top heel (who is already being cheered, and holds a win over the new champion) goes out the window because he doesn't want to do it.

So you then look elsewhere. The Hardy Boys are getting over, they have a logical feud with Austin through Lita, and they are fresh faces. So HHH jobs to Jeff Hardy and then destroys him a few days later, making your title a joke and proving the Hardys aren't at that level. Instead, you push Undertaker and Kane to the top because they are big and they are 'proven stars'.

When that bores the fans away, you start a great push of Benoit and Jericho. Then you change your mind and start dropping their push BEFORE the PPV they are headlining.

While this is going on, you take your top heel, and your secondary heel (who is an Olympic gold medallist wrestler with a deadly submission finisher) and run repeated skits where they amuse you by playing the banjo, singing badly and wearing cowboy hats. Your lead heel

• Paid Members
Ooh, I always like a chance to repost this one.

While this is going on, you take your top heel, and your secondary heel (who is an Olympic gold medallist wrestler with a deadly submission finisher) and run repeated skits where they amuse you by playing the banjo, singing badly and wearing cowboy hats. Your lead heel

Has anyone ever hit the Phoenix Splash in WWE? I've had a quick look on youtube and seen Jeff hardy as a jobber miss it and Seth Rollins miss it in NXT.

It would be a very cool occasional finisher for Seth Rollins or Adrian Neville (who hits an awesome one off the second turnbuckle).