UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

^^ I've never come across that before. Even a decade removed from it I'm still cringing. And then it lead to the following month's PPV:

"At New Blood Rising WCW's biggest star did the unimaginable; he refused to follow the script. Now, if Vince Russo can't fire Goldberg he'll have Scott Steiner destroy him. At Fall Brawl two monsters go fist to fist with no script."

How absolutely preposterous!

• Paid Members
Pedant's Peeve question: Is wrestling the only thing where so many people mistakenly abbreviate 'independent' to 'Indy' rather than 'indie'? Nobody seems to do it with indie films or indie music, but it's quite common on wrestling forums. Is it only in wrestling that it happens?

Is it a Yank thing? They call the Indianapolis 500 "Indy" don't they?

• Paid Members

Anybody who remembers "WWF In Your House: Beware of Dog" remembers the big blackout right?

See when everything turned to darkness, did the PPV in the US still go on? That would have been very odd. Cheers!

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

The live show carried on, just a bit dark in the building. The PPV had blank screens with the commentators popping in every so often to say they were working on it. They got it fixed just before the main event, though reportedly didn't tell Michaels and Bulldog they were on air, so they did a half-assed house show match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TS7w8rwu14

Pedant's Peeve question: Is wrestling the only thing where so many people mistakenly abbreviate 'independent' to 'Indy' rather than 'indie'? Nobody seems to do it with indie films or indie music, but it's quite common on wrestling forums. Is it only in wrestling that it happens?

There was a UK show called Indypendence Day. That may have been the worst show name ever.

• Paid Members

There was a UK show called Indypendence Day. That may have been the worst show name ever.

Even more so considering it was the name for a 2-day event...

Actually, that leads me to another question I was trying to work out while watching NXT earlier tonight:

Was 'INDYpendence Day - Day Two' back in 2008 Seth Rollins/Tyler Black's only ever UK appearance to date? I can't think of any others which, considering he was ROH's golden child for a while, surprises me.

Did Slick ever turn face in angle, or did he suddenly just stop managing heels and start cheerleading for the babyfaces on Prime Time? I know once the Reverend vignettes started airing and he helped Kamala out he was a goodie, but was there anything filmed where he changed his ways?

• Paid Members

He just returned as a preacher after the Bulldog power slammed him. So its fair to say all dogs don't go to heaven. *WAH-WAHHH!*

Seriously, though he got wrote out of storylines after SummerSlam 91 and turned up some time later on the likes of Prime Time telling Bobby Heenan not to slag off the Boss Man's mother or he'll burn and stuff. He was pretty much established as a nice man before the Kamala thing. WWF Magazine had an article about it, which was good enough for me to forgive the Slickster.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay