UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

I've been watching a bunch of old Rick Rude stuff the last few days on Youtube and it's reinforced my belief that he was one of the best heels in the history of wrestling.

I grew up on WCW's ITV run in the early 90s and Rude was all over that stuff. And my first wrestling tape was Summerslam 89 with the big Rude/Warrior IC title match. So Rude played a big part in getting me into wrestling in the first place.

Anyway, my question is did Rude ever work babyface? A lot's made of Steamboat never going heel but I can't recall Rude ever playing the good guy either.

a93b3116767fd3f6b97fad9c96dcc325.png

I love the man. I really think he came along about 10 years too soon. He'd have been a perfect fit in the late 90s in either company and by then it wasn't so much about the big men so I think he could have had a long term main event spot. Especially in the WWF with guys like Bret, Shawn and Austin on top.

So yeah did he ever play the face? Maybe early in his career in Memphis or somewhere? I'd be curious to see what he'd be like in that role.

• Paid Members

I would say he was face for like a week in WCW once, I think mainly when he and Hennig Joined the Wolfpac, Although they soon joined the Hollywood NWO.

I think he was a face in ECW, and was working towards a match IIRC. Not sure what fully went on, but he was also dealing with WWE and WCW during this time , and ended up in WCW before a match could go down!

• Paid Members

He was a babyface when he started as a jobber and on his first run with Crockett.

Technically he wrestled a six-man match as a face in ECW, but he turned heel the moment the bell rang.

Adrian Adonis shouting "WHAT THE FUCK?!" on camera after having his head shaved at WrestleMania 3 sprung to my mind this morning, and I wondered if there are any other famous examples pre-Attitude era of wrestlers using proper swear-words (stuff other than Ass) on TV.

I feel like I should be remembering some, but the next earliest chronological example I can think of from the big 2 is Diesel looking into camera and saying "I'm the shit, I'm telling ya" at WrestleMania 12.

• Paid Members

There was a Coliseum Home Video match from 1991 with Hennig/Bulldog where Hennig breaks out 'son of a bitch' quite audibly. Jake Roberts also told Bad News Brown where to go at Summerslam 1990 as well.

• Paid Members

What I liked about Rick Rude was that he was simply ravishing he was happening he knew that he's cool, all the girls would go crazy they didn't know what to do. He'd steal your girl, break her heart and leave you a fool, he was simply ravishing, dazzling, Ravishing Rude.

I feel that's a fair opinion on the matter.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

Bret Hart mouths "fuck it" after losing to Dino Bravo on the first London show. Diesel shouts "fluky motherfucker" after dropping the title to Bret Hart. Doc Hendrix shouts "shit" during a Golddust-Ramon backstage brawl. And the first Outback Jack vignette has him walk into a bar and say "Gimme a beer for fuck's sake."

Bret Hart mouths "fuck it" after losing to Dino Bravo on the first London show. Diesel shouts "fluky motherfucker" after dropping the title to Bret Hart. Doc Hendrix shouts "shit" during a Golddust-Ramon backstage brawl. And the first Outback Jack vignette has him walk into a bar and say "Gimme a beer for fuck's sake."

As seen on Hulk Who? The Outback Jack one is the one which springs straight to mind for me.

After looking at that FCA set that's coming out, it got me wondering:

How many Chicago Street Fights have there been collectively in WWE, WCW, ECW and TNA? I can count three (Uncensored '96, WM13 and Extreme Rules), is there any other notable ones?

Crap quality and i'm not even sure if it properly counts but I remember them refering to it as a Chicago Street Fight at the time so.

L.O.D. 2000 Vs D.O.A.

The Nasty Boys vs. Cactus Jack and Maxx Payne at WCW Spring Stampede 1994 was a Chicago Street Fight and the best.