UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Back in the early 90's there were some tv advertisements on Sky for an "American Wrestling" tour coming to the UK. It featured a load of ex WWF and WCW guys but the only person I can recall on the advert was Nikolai Volkoff. Does anyone recall who toured, where the shows were and anything about them?

Thanks

It was under the banner NWF (which was just made up for the tour) and advertised Ivan Koloff, the Sheik, Wendi Richter, Candi Devine, the Fantastics and others. They claimed 11 dates including Wembley Arena, but then cancelled because nobody bought tickets.

Back in the early 90's there were some tv advertisements on Sky for an "American Wrestling" tour coming to the UK. It featured a load of ex WWF and WCW guys but the only person I can recall on the advert was Nikolai Volkoff. Does anyone recall who toured, where the shows were and anything about them?

Thanks

It was under the banner NWF (which was just made up for the tour) and advertised Ivan Koloff, the Sheik, Wendi Richter, Candi Devine, the Fantastics and others. They claimed 11 dates including Wembley Arena, but then cancelled because nobody bought tickets.

Cheers Lister.

So you've got a singles match, a "triple threat" (or "3 way dance"), a "fatal four way" and a "6 pack challenge". What's a 5 man match?

I was once at a show where a 5-man match was billed as a "Furious Five-Way", but I don't think that term is universally known.

There was the "Championship Challenge" at the first Night of Champions, with five participants, did that have another name?

• Paid Members
So you've got a singles match, a "triple threat" (or "3 way dance"), a "fatal four way" and a "6 pack challenge". What's a 5 man match?

I was once at a show where a 5-man match was billed as a "Furious Five-Way", but I don't think that term is universally known.

That sounds like slang for a quick-fire wank.

Anybody know the latest on Jericho? I know his contract is coming to an end, but any other reason why the suddenly decided to take him out of the main event? Considering they were playing off this, it seems really sudden - like he pissed somebody off.

• Paid Members

That sounds like slang for a quick-fire wank.

Anybody know the latest on Jericho? I know his contract is coming to an end, but any other reason why the suddenly decided to take him out of the main event? Considering they were playing off this, it seems really sudden - like he pissed somebody off.

Maybe he's books abit uncomplimentary to the WWF/E and McMahon in parts? I doubt he'd put anything too juicy in there when he knows he still has a future career there, and will probably bring out another volume of autobiography when he's gone.

What was Mini-Goldust? I'm watching an old Raw from 1997 and he's on it and he looks too big to be a midget, and he's proportioned like a human.

Don't know for certain, but does it have anything to do with when some of the AAA minis were working in the WWF. I know both a Mini Vader and Mini Mankind worked in the WWF in that period, and also AAA had a Mini Paul (as in Mini Paul Bearer). Its possible it is just another mini luchadore doing the gimmick of a main WWF wrestler.