UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I would guess it's because Kenny and Mikey won the tag titles off of Big Show and Kane, so Ziggler wasn't involved in actually winning the titles, even if he defended it under the Freebird rule.

Or the fact that, despite what they say, Ziggler was never fucking World Champion.

Why did Sid leave the WWF in 97? His Wikipedia page doesnt say why, so it was just two months after headlining Mania, and he was gone. Why?

Also, why wasnt he picked up by WCW for a whole two years? I assume it was because of the AA incident, but did AA have much stroke back then? Combined with the fact that it happened 4 years ago (a lifetime in wreatling), who had it in for Sid back then. Hogan? Bischoff? He must have had much bigger enemies than AA to not get signed in 97.

On an unrelated note, Ive been watching the Clash of the Champions comp, and have a question. What the hell happened to Lex Luger? My knowledge of early 90's WCW is poor, so how did Luger go from the guy in the match against Flair in 1990, to (two and a half years later) be The Narcissist, and never having a good match again? Even factoring in he was wrestling Flair, he still put in one hell of a shift in the match, and after it finished, I was wondering at what point did he turn from that guy, to the Luger I remember from the 90's. Was it the WWF switch, or did it happen at the end of his WCW run?

• Paid Members
Why did Sid leave the WWF in 97? His Wikipedia page doesnt say why, so it was just two months after headlining Mania, and he was gone. Why?

Also, why wasnt he picked up by WCW for a whole two years? I assume it was because of the AA incident, but did AA have much stroke back then? Combined with the fact that it happened 4 years ago (a lifetime in wreatling), who had it in for Sid back then. Hogan? Bischoff? He must have had much bigger enemies than AA to not get signed in 97.

On an unrelated note, Ive been watching the Clash of the Champions comp, and have a question. What the hell happened to Lex Luger? My knowledge of early 90's WCW is poor, so how did Luger go from the guy in the match against Flair in 1990, to (two and a half years later) be The Narcissist, and never having a good match again? Even factoring in he was wrestling Flair, he still put in one hell of a shift in the match, and after it finished, I was wondering at what point did he turn from that guy, to the Luger I remember from the 90's. Was it the WWF switch, or did it happen at the end of his WCW run?

Luger had plenty of good matches after his return to WCW from the WWF. 97 in particular was a class year for Big Lex.

From odds and ends i've read, I think they just let him go after he was involved in that car accident because he would've been out of action for a while, they had little in the way of plans for him anyway, and they suspected he was at it a few months earlier when he was declaring himself unable to work post-WM13.

I've actually wondered that same question of why it took so long for him to find his way back to WCW. Likewise for why the WWF never picked him up in 1994. Or any other star whose been away from the top 2 for a spell for that matter. When it's top stars, you always think there's got to be a story behind it as their defections would obviously have been a coup for the other side.

Edited by Reznor

• Paid Members
Sid only had the one TV match in the WWF in 1997 after WrestleMania didn't he? A random rematch with Undertaker about two months after?

He wrestled Undertaker on the Raw before King of the Ring, participated in a six man at the PPV itself, then pinned Owen Hart the next night on Raw, and appeared in a single jobber match on Shotgun between Mania and his injury that kept him out until the June return.

It was touched upon in the 'minor news items' thread, but I've always wondered what the story is with WWE-sponsored rehab. Essentially, why do WWE pay for the rehab of so many wrestlers who aren't on their books? I'm sure I've read recently about the likes of Maven, Sunny and many others, some of whom even fell foul of the company, having their rehab paid for by WWE. Plus, it's not like they're cleaning these guys up with a view to bring them back, so why do they shell out? Guilt? Obligation? It's not like they plaster it all over their website for PR.