UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Gallows, Both Cliff Comptons/Dominoes, Excalibur and Sal Rinauro are the ones I've been able to listen to several times. The Daniel Bryan, Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder ones are also very good (in the latter two the stories about Zack's dad are absolutely tremendous, especially the wrestling figure one from the Hawkins one). Only dud ones I can think of are the ICP, Kikutaro and Ricky Marvin ones.

I can't remember if this is fact or just rumours I've heard over the years:

Was the match with Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania X-8 first offered to Steve Austin, before he turned it down and it became Hogan vs The Rock instead?

• Paid Members
I can't remember if this is fact or just rumours I've heard over the years:

Was the match with Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania X-8 first offered to Steve Austin, before he turned it down and it became Hogan vs The Rock instead?

I've definitely read that in a few places.

• Moderators
Luke Gallows' one about Nigeria is great. Johnny Saint is also worth a listen if you're a fan.

Nigeria is Cliff Compton's second(59. 18FN59), Gallows talks a lot about Brothering and "brother glen who had the mask gimmick".

Both great though. Compton's two are the best of The Art of Wrestling though.

The Art of Wrestling podcasts really do show how awful 95% of shoot interviews actually are. I mean, Cobana is by no means a great interviewer but he manages to get great stories out of the lion's share of his guests, just because wrestling is a pretty interesting business that attracts some pretty odd characters. The fact that most shoots manage to make these people sound dull, by just asking them "Ummm... memories of working Butch Reed?" over and over again is thrown into pretty stark relief by all this.

• Paid Members

Does anyone remember the name of the very bad wrestler who came into IPW:UK in 2007 or so, briefly, as a mask hunter? I recall him wrestling Exodus, and being carried out on his back with the big man in a sleeper, and returning periodically throughout the show in the same situation.

EDIT - Came to me in the end. Lucian.

Edited by Rosegarden Funeral

I thought the Pac one was really interesting, but thought the chronology they discussed was a bit off. Cabana said he lobbied Gabe to bring Pac in for the England shows in early 2007, but that the specifically mentioned matches (vs. Sydal and vs. Strong) weren't very good due to Pac's confidence issues, and he wasn't brought back.

The actual chronology was that Pac wrestled in England for ROH in those matches, and I remember they were both very well received at the time - obviously well enough received that Gabe flew Pac back in for the Death Before Dishonor shows later in the year where he had matches Davey Richards and Danielson, which weren't very well received at the time - I wonder if those were what they were referring to?