UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

When did the term 'Attitude era' start being used? Was it during the era or was it after? Who came up with the term, was it the WWF/E or did it get called the attitude era by fans/writers? Hope this question makes sense.

When the WWF started doing the "attitude" campaign. I can't remember when it was, but I think it was when they started doing those "try lacing my boots, I am a real athlete really" ads:

Which, oddly enough, can't have been long before Vince's "LOL it's all fake, like Days of Our Lives" speech on Raw.

Thank you. I remember those adverts well now.

When did the term 'Attitude era' start being used? Was it during the era or was it after? Who came up with the term, was it the WWF/E or did it get called the attitude era by fans/writers? Hope this question makes sense.

When the WWF started doing the "attitude" campaign. I can't remember when it was, but I think it was when they started doing those "try lacing my boots, I am a real athlete really" ads:

Which, oddly enough, can't have been long before Vince's "LOL it's all fake, like Days of Our Lives" speech on Raw.

Thank you. I remember those adverts well now.

Gives you a sense of what the business was like before it was 100% exposed:

That's an extraordinary video. Firstly because I'd forgotten how acceptable it was to be casually homophobic but also because Steve Austin seems to have taken his entire persona from Dr David Shulz. Is this generally acknowledged?

Edited by Loki

I was in WH Smiths earlier and started looking through the DX autobiography which is written by Triple H and Shawn Michaels (although, it probably isn't). It mentions at one point that, not long after the Corporation parody, the New Age Outlaws left DX and joined the Corporation. I can't remember this for the life of me, did it actually happen?

Strangely enough, a few pages later Triple H talks about his heel turn at Wrestlemania which left only X-Pac and the Outlaws in DX, completely contradicting the previous claim.

Edited by Slapnut

I was in WH Smiths earlier and started looking through the DX autobiography which is written by Triple H and Shawn Michaels (although, it probably isn't). It mentions at one point that, not long after the Corporation parody, the New Age Outlaws left DX and joined the Corporation. I can't remember this for the life of me, did it actually happen?

Strangely enough, a few pages later Triple H talks about his heel turn at Wrestlemania which left only X-Pac and the Outlaws in DX, completely contradicting the previous claim.

I remember the Corporation wanted the Outlaws to join them which ended in a will they/won't they story line for a few weeks.

The Outlaws swerved The Corporation in the end though.

Gives you a sense of what the business was like before it was 100% exposed:

That's an extraordinary video. Firstly because I'd forgotten how acceptable it was to be casually homophobic but also because Steve Austin seems to have taken his entire persona from Dr David Shulz. Is this generally acknowledged?

I've certainly noticed it before.

I watched a load of clips on youtube about Dr. D a while back. There was one particular video where he was showing off his hunting rifles collection. It was just like an Austin skit, with him intimidating the interviewer, the mannerisms etc...

David Schultz was awesome.

plus he gave us this....

Edited by Dirty Eddie

Not seen RAW, so no spoilers obviously, but I notice the discussion thread has 5 pages already, which is very rare these days, did something rather newsworthy go down? Again don't say what but just interested to know whether it'll be something worth watching etc.

• Paid Members
Not seen RAW, so no spoilers obviously, but I notice the discussion thread has 5 pages already, which is very rare these days, did something rather newsworthy go down? Again don't say what but just interested to know whether it'll be something worth watching etc.

To quote Jericho on twitter (chopping out the spoiler bit) "...something tonight that hasn't been done in awhile...make history."

Enjoy!

Does anyone know (or have the inclination to check) how many times Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler have actually wrestled each other on TV and pay-per-view since the 2010 Draft? Including tag and multi-man matches.

Edited by King Pitcos

Does anyone know (or have the inclination to check) how many times Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler have actually wrestled each other on TV and pay-per-view since the 2010 Draft? Including tag and multi-man matches.

Singles matches it's something like 23 I read the other day.

Edited by Swift89