The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

• Paid Members

Sounds Of Violence is a great book - the onomatopoeia villain is inspired as fuck. Archer's Quest is also great, as is Into The Light.

By the way, can anyone remind me of the title of the arc where a villain is taking out all the Justice League, and it turns out it's a guy who's gotten his hands on Batman's contingency file?

• Paid Members
By the way, can anyone remind me of the title of the arc where a villain is taking out all the Justice League, and it turns out it's a guy who's gotten his hands on Batman's contingency file?

It's JLA vol3 16-17, collected in the Strength In Numbers TPB.

• Paid Members

It's JLA vol3 16-17, collected in the Strength In Numbers TPB.

Thank you muchly. Been looking for that for a while now.

• 1 month later...

Not a comicbook fan, but really wanted some of those Fringe Comics, so had a quick gander in Forbiden Planet in Manchester, couldn't see them, asked the dude at the counter, he didn't even know what I was on about.

Anyway, I read the Watchmen Graphic Novel, I gotta say I liked it.

• 3 weeks later...

If I was looking to get into the whole World War Hulk story, what would be the best graphic novel to begin with?

I've seen the Planet Hulk book out there, and the World War hulk book as well, but was wondering if it's worth going back further than that?

If I was looking to get into the whole World War Hulk story, what would be the best graphic novel to begin with?

I've seen the Planet Hulk book out there, and the World War hulk book as well, but was wondering if it's worth going back further than that?

In my experience, to get the full value of any mainstream superhero title, you have to go back about fifty years and then follow all the way through the various retcons that make wrestling's continuity look stellar. Every now and again, I pick up the first issue of the latest Marvel or DC "event" and I just haven't got a clue who the fuck anyone is or what their relationship is with some other character that I don't recognise. It reminds me a bit of soaps, only far more impenetrable and nonsensical. But then again, like Neighbours, if you stay tuned for a bit you probably get up to speed fairly quickly. I've never been too fond of superheroes, the only comics I read that have 'em in are Invincible (and I haven't read that for months) and The Boys. I started reading Ultimate Spider-Man a few years back, that was alright but my comic buying lapsed. I must download it at some point. Which reminds me - does anyone know any decent places for comic torrents? Zcult has been shit for ages and is probably dead now, and Demonoid's down at the minute too.

I read Planet Hulk followed by World War Hulk and found they workded fine without much more of an extensive backstory. Both very good, though Planet Hulk is the better of the two.

I read Planet Hulk followed by World War Hulk and found they workded fine without much more of an extensive backstory. Both very good, though Planet Hulk is the better of the two.

Thanks for reply Zeus, I appreciate it.

I reckon i'll start with the planet Hulk book then.