The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

I think there is fuck all to this but what's happening here is that the press haven't had the chance to hound a Princess of Wales to death this century and news directors and their underlings are getting positively tumescent at the thought of all the clicks and retweets they can get if something were to befall Kate. In the information age the statement that she's had an operation and she is resting has really riled them, especially Sky who would prefer to have 24 hour surveillance cameras inside all royal residence. So they are letting slip the dogs of war to see if they can buzz up a nice big juicy story to get their teeth into. 

That's where Kate is. 

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Maybe she's got her feet up, recapping The Bloodline story and is waiting for Mania.

Kate would obviously want Reigns to win.

I was hoping it'd be her turning up on Dynamite last night to be honest.

Coincidentally/tin foilly, there’s been a few puff pieces on the the Marchioness of Chomondeley in the papers in the last week. She is William’s pegger and has a 13 year old son that’s rumoured to be his. If he acknowledges it’s his kid, there’s a claim that he is William’s heir. 

I doubt the above but I wouldn’t be surprised if Kate has had enough of his cheating and won’t play ball, so they’re doing a soft launch of the woman who will be his new wife. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I think there is fuck all to this but what's happening here is that the press haven't had the chance to hound a Princess of Wales to death this century and news directors and their underlings are getting positively tumescent at the thought of all the clicks and retweets they can get if something were to befall Kate. In the information age the statement that she's had an operation and she is resting has really riled them, especially Sky who would prefer to have 24 hour surveillance cameras inside all royal residence. So they are letting slip the dogs of war to see if they can buzz up a nice big juicy story to get their teeth into. 

That's where Kate is. 

I think this isn't far from the truth - the media don't have the access to the Royals that they want/expect, and they're banging the drum about Kate here while it's a non-story to give them a taste of how hard they could go if there's something worth reporting, all in the hope that it forces them to play ball.

It's a younger generation of Royals who don't solely interact with the outside world through press releases and Nicholas Witchell. I doubt there's any real story behind the Kate photo, and some of the ways it has been "Photoshopped" could easily have been an automatic compositing and tidying up of multiple shots, rather than any active manipulation, but making the photo the centrepiece of all of this fuss is a good way for the media to fire a warning shot about not trying to sneak anything past them.

What's funny is that the Twitter detectives and conspiracy sleuths aren't satisfied that the photo has been edited weirdly around one of the kids' wrists, or the obvious little things like that, and are trying to argue that Kate's face has been shopped in from a Vogue cover, and making it a much bigger deal. The longer it goes on, the more deranged the explanations will become, when if they had just released the original, unedited photo when asked, at least some of that would be nipped in the bud.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It's a younger generation of Royals who don't solely interact with the outside world through press releases and Nicholas Witchell

The older generation don't like the wraith like presence of old Nicky W as I am sure no one ever calls him. Wasn't Charles picked up on microphone a few years ago calling him a ghastly man who follows me around asking stupid questions, which has the double delight of been both funny and true. 

• Paid Members

As someone who has edited family portraits, the moment I saw it I could see it was just the best bits of a few different takes poorly edited together, which is standard for something like this because 3 kids in a posed photo is like herding cats. 

It doesn't help that they also seemed to have changed the colour of some of the clothes

It's just badly done, which as Pat says, is more a product of its time with newer royals doing their own thing (official photos never would have come straight from the royal. They would always be via the press office, who are there to catch and manage these things which is why this very rarely happens in the past)

The AP shouldn't have published it. They have very very strict rules about editing. You can't even submit a photo with red eye removed. 

What I have regained from all this coverage is the reiteration that William has punched well above his weight.

Harry and Meghan are a good match, as they're both good looking, but Kate is incredibly fit (I like them "horsey") and Wills isn't (he's a bit "actual horsey")

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

What I have regained from all this coverage is the reiteration that William has punched well above his weight.

Harry and Meghan are a good match, as they're both good looking, but Kate is incredibly fit (I like them "horsey") and Wills isn't (he's a bit "actual horsey")

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

Absolute horseshit Rashers. He's a Prince who one day in the not so distant future will be king. Every punch is below his weight. They just look on her as good breeding stock, in the same way they'd look at a horse.

1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Absolute horseshit Rashers. He's a Prince who one day in the not so distant future will be king. Every punch is below his weight. They just look on her as good breeding stock, in the same way they'd look at a horse.

Nah he's punching. She's pegging.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The older generation don't like the wraith like presence of old Nicky W as I am sure no one ever calls him. Wasn't Charles picked up on microphone a few years ago calling him a ghastly man who follows me around asking stupid questions, which has the double delight of been both funny and true. 

True, but I think it's also an accepted part of the job that Witchell or whoever the Royal Correspondent may be is a given, whether you like it or not. I get the impression Charles finds a lot of the actual business of being King quite tedious, but it's what he's been prepared for his entire life and he has to do it. Whereas there's a sea-change with Harry choosing to opt out of "Royal" life, and the relationship between William and the press isn't one of utilising soft power, but the fairly heavy-handed application of super-injunctions - as @Keith Houchen said, I think there's something to the timing of suddenly getting all these press profiles of the Marchioness of Chomondeley, but rather than seeing it as a "soft launch" as a potential new partner, I think it's more the press warning William & Kate of what's waiting for them if they don't play ball. 

Aside from all that, I wouldn't be surprised if William, Kate, or any of the younger Royals have burner accounts and sock puppets on social media through which they are able to navigate the world relatively free from the trappings and conventions of their role. That takes a lot of control and power away from the press.

All of this is me just having a reckon, I neither know nor particularly care about any of this!