The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

I've never been in this thread but was bore and have just spent about 2 hours reading this and accompanied links. Fascinating and hilarious at points.

I thought I'd comment on the last post by Spurs though about the "UFO" at the fireworks. It was a drone. I was there. It was filming the crowds and had 2 red lights on 3 sides and 2 green lights at the front where it was filming. How 32% of people in that survey at the bottom of the article thought it was a UFO is beyond me although reading some of the comments in this thread make it less surprising.

• Paid Members

Genuinely feel actual sympathy for people like this -

One YouTube user, seemingly in the know, commented: "It’s not uncommon for UFOs to be curious about our lights and electricity."

Wasn't it actually carrying one of the tv cameras?  I mean, you kept getting shots from what was obviously a drone, with a bit of a rotor in shot.

Now  commercial drones are becoming commonplace, expect a lot more UFO sightings.  Drones are probably responsble for a large bulk of UFO sightings in the last half a century, the US have been flying them since the 60s.

I've been reading this great book called Mirage Men by Mark Pilkington, and it's added a lot of interesting information on what the US Airforce, in particular the United States Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) were up to in fucking with UFOlogists minds.  And the CIA recently admitted that a shit ton of UFO sightings in the 60s were the U-2 and Blackbird spy planes.

Getting pretty bored of all the Air Asia conspiracy crap doing the rounds on Facebook. Leading the way of course is Gareth (Icke) on the shares dumping bandwagon. 

I knew Gareth Icke had been singing songs at his Dad's events for a while. Is he an active conspiracy advocate now too? 

• Paid Members

Getting pretty bored of all the Air Asia conspiracy crap doing the rounds on Facebook. Leading the way of course is Gareth (Icke) on the shares dumping bandwagon. 

I knew Gareth Icke had been singing songs at his Dad's events for a while. Is he an active conspiracy advocate now too? 

I wouldn't say he's active, just talks about it when he can and shares this kind of bull on facebook along with his never ending opinions. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone been watching "the curse of oak island"

Ive always been fascinated by the whole thing. Sure this is a tv show and they drag it out time after time but i really dont see how they follow up with season 3 without finding if the money pit is real or not.

What on earth was put in there that needed that level of building and construction will probably never be found, but its still dam interesting

• Paid Members

I've just been introduced to the It Happened to Me! section on the Fortean Times website. I can't stop reading!

Damn you, me neither! There's some terrifying stories in there, although there seems to be a fair few loonies. One person in the 'TV Broadcasts from the Future' thread is describing something that i'm 110% sure was a Red Dwarf trailer...