Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2025 I believe in Gary Anderson. My favourite player of all time. I’d love him to win a third worlds. He’s looking good. Quote
Dai Posted December 31, 2025 Author Posted December 31, 2025 Hood was insane on the doubles. Imagine if he was 100% on the doubles and won? Would be a crazy record. His scoring was class too. If he wins his next game, hes nearly in the top 32 with pretty much just this prize money. Just checked his stats for 2025, and same with Doets, and its crazy how theyve stepped up in this tourney. Unfortunately it came to and end for Doets last night. Went out with a whimper. Same with Manby. MVG/Anderson looked like it was on its way to a great match, but then MVG just seemed to miss the critical doubles, and Anderson made him pay. Will be rooting for Anderson as well! The other games in the afternoon werent that great either, so it was a fairly mellow day of darts unfortunately. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 31, 2025 I’m happy with anyone winning from the quarters except Ratajski (too slow). Rooting for Gando, but everyone else left would do for me. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 1 Paid Members Posted January 1 Oh fuck off Ryan Searle. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 1 Paid Members Posted January 1 He fell off a bit when he finally lost a set, but good composure to not lose it completely against the more experienced Clayton and get over the line. Pleased for him. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 1 Paid Members Posted January 1 Searle up to world number 7 unless Ando beats Hood, then he will be down to 8. You'd imagine that he'll get absolutely stuffed by Littler if/when he beats Ratajksi. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 1 Paid Members Posted January 1 Hoping for a Littler v van Veen final now. Gian seems to have the measure of Humphries on TV now and he played fantastically, and Littler crushed Ratajski without ever really engaging everything fully. Quote
Dai Posted January 2 Author Posted January 2 Yeah, as much as I want Anderson to win, I think a Littler/GVV final has the potential to be an epic. Anderson in the last few sets was scary good though. Finished the job off amazingly. GVV looked great too, and it wasnt even him at his best. The critical leg was when it was 1-1 in sets, and 2-2 in legs. Humphries had the throw and was comfortable at 180 left. Then he went to 120 with the next 3, then went to 80 after 3 more, then didnt even get a shot at a double, then lost the set. Massive moment and he didnt recover afterwards. GVV closed it down so well too. Quote
Dai Posted January 3 Author Posted January 3 The inevitable happened with Littler/Searle. Main thing I remember from this was Parts pronunciation of Searle. Forgot to also mention how annoying Rod Studds voice was in the quarters too. His voice was going, and in the afternoon session you could hear him sucking on sweets to ease his voice. Very annoying. They still allowed him to commentate in the evening session too. Cracker of a game between GVV and Anderson. The first half was an absolute belter, but Anderson lost steam toward the end unfortunately. Great effort though. Hopefully GVV can step up another level from even this performance, and get at Littler early on to make a real go of it. As for the Premier League, Clayton is out of the automatic positions again, and I don't think he will be selected as a wild card either. Bet he will be gutted. Who do we think will be the wild cards? Will they give one to Hood? Anderson says he won't do it, but maybe he's just bluffing as I can see them asking him. Apart from Josh Rock, I can't see any of the top 16 being shoe ins for it, can anyone else? Not sure Searle gets the nod either, despite this performance. Should they give one to Beau? Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 3 Paid Members Posted January 3 Rod Studd should be banned from commentating anyway. Him and Pyke are just awful. As much as I hate the premier league talk, it is just a glorified exbo and this format is shit, I’ll give my opinion. Beau won’t be in. I think she needs pro tour experience. Searle has said he won’t be picked unless he’s in an automatic spot because his face doesn’t fit. Same for Noppert. They want people with walk on songs that the crowd loves. Bunting and Aspinall. Characters like Price. No matter how bad they’ve played over the year. See also, Aspinall getting picked last year and Price when he’s been bad. Bunting hasn’t done enough. But it wouldn’t surprise me if he does. No chance they pick Hood. Again, an average year on the tour. I’d say Rock is in. Clayton I think will get it just because of his ranking. Plus a previous champion. If Price gets in, it’s a joke. But they’ll probably throw him or Bunting in. Anderson hates travelling. Premier league is slotted in between pro tours, uk open, euro tours. He’s only just started doing Euro tours again after years of not. He would’ve taken it as world champ. But he won’t be bothered. Bring back the old format. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if MVG turns it down despite an automatic place. It’s not compulsory after all. Quote
Dai Posted January 3 Author Posted January 3 Yeah, Im definitely tired of the format now. Much prefer the Euro tour stuff over a course of a weekend. If the likes of Bunting/Asp/Clayton/Price are involved, then it seems very stale and I wont be arsed even watching the highlights most weeks I dont think. Thats why I think they should give some new blood the opportunity, just to freshen it up a bit. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted January 3 Paid Members Posted January 3 George Noble finishing up tonight. He’s got the definitive 180 call in my mind, probably down to being the first one I can sort of remember from watching BDO worlds on TV. (Though I’m probably selectively remembering it, I dunno). He’ll always be my favourite. Here’s him vs Russ Bray in a banger: Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 3 Paid Members Posted January 3 Bunting was woeful in the PL last year, barely won a game. I reckon they go Two Lukes, GVV, MVG, Clayton, Price, Rock and Aspinall. Tonight will be interesting. Its the first time Littler goes into a world final with more experience of it than his opponent. There will be a lot of pressure on GVV tonight, let's see how his throw holds up. If it does it could be a cracker. Quote
TheSurgeon Posted January 3 Posted January 3 I'll have to go with Littler tonight, he'll have too much for van Veen over the longer format. Talking about the commentators, I think they all have a different way of pronouncing Gian. I think in one segment we had Gee-An, Jee-An and Hee-An. The Premier League is really tough this year, obviously the top 4 by Order of Merit get in - Luke Littler, Luke Humphries, Michael Van Gerwen and Gian Van Veen. But after that who knows, Price an Aspinall are at #12 and #14. Maybe just keep it to the top 8 players, and save the arguments. Better still, change it to 10 players and have the old format. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 3 Paid Members Posted January 3 Ando says he won't do it. Searle has the charisma of a tribute show Aleister Black, and Bunting was shite last year. They prefer a character and Aspinall and Price both have plenty of that. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.