Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 13 Paid Members Posted March 13 He’s already terrible. Gone down even more in my estimation. Quote
Dai Posted March 13 Author Posted March 13 Poor Rod Harrington, is he the only ex player from the ITV coverage that hasn't come back? Don't mind it, as I thought he was crap. UK Open was an OK watch. Another scary performance from Littler. Scary in the fact that he rarely had to play at his best to still win it fairly comfortably. Barney's moment on the main stage was very nice, too. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted March 13 Paid Members Posted March 13 15 minutes ago, Dai said: Poor Rod Harrington, is he the only ex player from the ITV coverage that hasn't come back? Don't mind it, as I thought he was crap. I don’t think Alan Warriner-Little has been brought back yet, unless he’s been on WSOD. He’s also crap. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 13 Paid Members Posted March 13 Rod Harrington retired from it all a few years ago. Alan Warriner was rightfully binned off. 27 minutes ago, Dai said: UK Open was an OK watch. Another scary performance from Littler. Scary in the fact that he rarely had to play at his best to still win it fairly comfortably. It was a very mediocre tournament I felt. Littler did not play his best and going down 5-1 to Rock, I thought he wouldn’t find his rhythm and get back into it. But that’s what makes him so great. James Wade went from a 105 average in the semis to looking like he’s never thrown a dart before in the final. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted March 14 Paid Members Posted March 14 13 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: He’s already terrible. Gone down even more in my estimation. Nicko’s definitely an acquired taste. I appreciate his darts geekery and high levels of enthusiasm, but I can see how it could be grating. 10 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: James Wade went from a 105 average in the semis to looking like he’s never thrown a dart before in the final. Bit of an anticlimax, wasn’t it. Was delighted to see him take out Price but he just vanished against Littler. Quote
Dai Posted March 14 Author Posted March 14 (edited) 10 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: It was a very mediocre tournament I felt. Littler did not play his best and going down 5-1 to Rock, I thought he wouldn’t find his rhythm and get back into it. But that’s what makes him so great. James Wade went from a 105 average in the semis to looking like he’s never thrown a dart before in the final. Yeah, nearly everything from R6 onwards wasn't that good I thought. Considering it was the UK Open, there wasn't even a whiff of an underdog story from Saturday onward. Anderson had a good moment so was hoping for something from him, but then he just didn't perform against Littler. I assume the semi final took it all out of Wade. Was the performance of the tourney though, against Price, and it was the best game of the weekend. And I have no idea where I got Rod Harrington from either! I meant Warriner Litter. Glad he's gone though as he was crap. I wonder if they will persist with that 'score bar' that reduces for the graphics, as I think it's shit and unnecessary. From an OCD point of view, it starts decreasing from 3 o clock and goes anti clock wise, which really irritates me. Edited March 14 by Dai Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 14 Paid Members Posted March 14 They’re using that score bar system on the pro tour as well. It’s ugly. There was nothing wrong with how it was. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 Amazing performance from Nijman this weekend, delighted to see one of my boys get the win. Quite similar to Springer’s win in Hungary last year; beat a load of big names, miss the double for a 9 darter, win the whole thing. Though Nijman’s performance in the final was way more convincing than Springer’s. Dawson’s been on the Nijman train for so long, you could hear how excited he was to witness all those brilliant performances. WESSELMANIA! I’m all in. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 Wessel just needs that big run on the TV because he is a very good player, and obviously he needs to stay out of the bookies. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted April 27 Paid Members Posted April 27 Beau Greaves becomes the first woman to ever win a Players Championship event. Beating Michael Smith with a 142 checkout. I hope she really kicks on now. I’ve said before, but I do believe she will be the first woman to win a major. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 27 Paid Members Posted April 27 Quarters beat Rob Cross, semi thrashed Gary Anderson, final beat Michael Smith. Didn't do things easy. Quote
Dai Posted May 10 Author Posted May 10 Can't remember who said it in here last year, but the Euro Tour is always a tonne of fun, isn't it? Short games, good crowds, a variety of players, and the elite players missing so giving the next bunch of players a good outing. There seems to be a bunch of Euro guys who probably are good enough to break into the upper pack at some point, who I enjoy watching; Zonneveld, Dirk, Bialecki, etc. Also, does anyone think Nijman or Doets will have the bottle to beat Littler in a major semi or final this year? They are on fire in the small events, but I wonder how they will perform when the pressure is really on. Speaking of Nijman, considering the form he's in, imagine the odds you could have got on him getting beat 6-0 yesterday. Would have been astronomical. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 10 Paid Members Posted May 10 Euro Tour is the best tour. Should be on proper tv. Dan Dawson bollocking the crowd was great stuff. 8 minutes ago, Dai said: Zonneveld I personally hate watching him. Horrible throw. Slow. 9 minutes ago, Dai said: Nijman If he starts playing well on tv, then I could see him beating Littler further into a tournament. His pro tour form is unbelievable. Currently seeded for the Matchplay too. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 10 Paid Members Posted May 10 Nijman needs that good run on TV to give him that push to the next level. He hasn't got beyond the last 16 of any TV tournament and beyond the last 64 at the Worlds. 13 minutes ago, Dai said: Speaking of Nijman, considering the form he's in, imagine the odds you could have got on him getting beat 6-0 yesterday. Would have been astronomical. Let's hope it was nothing more than a bad day. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted May 10 Paid Members Posted May 10 Springer went mental in that match, similar to when he won in Budapest last year. He was averaging 109 until he missed a few doubles at the end. Hope he can carry it on today, it’s a total joy when he plays like that. Nijman got caught a bit cold, I’ve noticed he can start a bit slowly in pro tour matches, but then about leg 3 he’ll kick in, though it didn’t happen last night obvs. He’ll figure out the TVs I’m sure, especially if he keeps loading up on floor money, he’ll go even higher than 16th. I think Nijman had a good record against Littler on dev tour, so that maybe counts for something, though Littler’s got that psychological hoodoo over everyone these days. @TheBurningRed when did Dawson bollock the crowd? I skipped Wade-Mensur, I presume it took like an hour. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.