Dai Posted June 11 Author Posted June 11 (edited) Apologises! have missed that completely then and thought it was this week he did it. Edited June 11 by Dai Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted June 11 Paid Members Posted June 11 Price can be a shithouse but even he isn't pulling out the week of the World Cup. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted June 14 Paid Members Posted June 14 (edited) I've chatted with my wife about potential darting tag teams, here's some ideas: Gerwyn Price & Michael van Gerwen: The Green Ice Machine Ryan Joyce & Kim Huybrechts: Relentless Hurricane Luke Littler and Luke Humphries: Lukes Absolutely delighted for Lukes. The shit they got from last year's performances, which was in the face of one the most hostile crowds in recent memory, was ridiculous. They showed they can do it as a team this year and went to another level in the final. Delighted for them. INGERLAND! Edited June 15 by hallicks Needed ice Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted June 14 Paid Members Posted June 14 The only England team I was behind this summer. I believe Littler is just a European championship away now from completing PDC tv titles that are avaliable. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted June 15 Paid Members Posted June 15 11 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: The only England team I was behind this summer. I believe Littler is just a European championship away now from completing PDC tv titles that are avaliable. He has to do a best of 7 against Booker T for the PDC TV Title doesn't he? Quote
Dai Posted June 18 Author Posted June 18 Loved the early stages of the World Cup. Highlight was the two Josh Rock finishes, with the game winner 144, I think, being the best. The other highlight was John Part trying to explain how you could still qualify from your group even of you lose your first game. Just tying himself up in verbal knots. Final was disappointly crap. Felt those first few England games they could have been got, just like Littler in tourneys, but once they build up some steam its game over. I was watching some board 1 of the Tuesday PC this morning, and I don't think I ever expected to be eating my cereal whilst watching a darts player cry as hes playing. Have to feel sorry for Van Den Bergh. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 What a lovely father's day that was. Took the kids to their swimming lessons this morning, then just a lazy afternoon and evening watching darts, culminating in my absolute top boy Wessel Nijman winning another title. Also I managed to chuck in my first 180 in around 5 months (we can't all be @TheBurningRed!) Quote
Dai Posted July 18 Author Posted July 18 Matchplay starts tonight. Should be a good un, and could really do with one or both Lukes being knocked out soon to open the field up. Placed the following bets: Springer to win, £5 EW at 200/1. Smith to win, £5 EW at 66/1. Dobey to win, £5 EW at 50/1. Clayton to win, £5 EW at 28/1. Springer to beat litter at 7/1, £5. Woodhouse/Bunting/Asp, £10 at 4/1. Thinking about Menzies outright too at 200/1 considering hes in decent form at the moment. Ross Smith at 66/1 seems tremendous value, considering the likes of Anderson, Searle and Cross are all shorter odds. Doets is not backable at 40/1, and neither is Neijman at 12/1 for my money. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted July 18 Paid Members Posted July 18 Springer’s an interesting one. He always ups his game against the big boys on Euro Tour, but he hasn’t looked as comfortable in the same situation on the big TV majors. He should have beaten GVV last weekend, but cocked his doubles at the start of the match and couldn’t catch up. He has started looking better recently after a bit of a slump following that Euro tour win last year, I was tempted to have a little nibble at that price as well. Good looking treble as well there @Dai. Zonneveld has been well off the boil lately, Aspinall did well last week and Woodhouse will have a great chance if he can keep his head straight (not a given)! I worry about Menzies if the crowd start dunking on him, though they’re not usually that keen on Humphries either. I don’t want to say anything about Nijman as he’s my boy and I don’t want to jinx him. Quote
Dai Posted July 18 Author Posted July 18 With Springer, im hoping its a case of he shows up like we know he can, and Littler has a slow start. Could see that happening for sure, but the match odds of 7/1 doesn't seem that great. Yeah, Especially looked good last week, even though the stutters have made a return. Woodhouse has really stepped it and should be a handful for anyone. Menzies has hit a good patch of form for the most part too. All it would take is one of the Lukes going out in R1 and instantly the 12/1 looks very good value, especially since I don't think there's any chance MVG can be consistently great over the long format, and Price just doesn't seem like the same pkayer, and GVV has gone way off the boil too. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted July 18 Paid Members Posted July 18 Menzies on a tv stage is always a risk because he gives into the pressure too much. I like the Lukes but would like to see someone else win now. In an ideal world it’ll be a second for Gary Anderson or a first for Ryan Searle. But it’ll probably be Littler. Can’t wait for this tonight. I love the Matchplay. Quote
Dai Posted July 18 Author Posted July 18 No idea how the bookies have come up with the odds for Anderson in this one, other than 'People love Gary Anderson and will back him no matter the odds'. No form at all to speak of to justify his odds Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted July 18 Paid Members Posted July 18 It’s like how at the Worlds they would still have Adrian Lewis as one of the top ten favourites despite his decline and only surviving in the top 16 due to previous money won. It seemed like you get better odds being a previous champion. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted July 18 Paid Members Posted July 18 Wife’s away this weekend so I can just sit there and watch the darts once the kids are in bed! Wife’s away this weekend so I’ll have to talk to her on the phone once the kids are in bed. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.