~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

Babies are great!Best I advice I can give is dont let people give you nightmare stories, Dont worry about sleep (you sleep when they sleep!), if someone offers help LET THEM!They take up 100% of your time, but you dont resent a single second. They do new cool things every day, and are natural comedians (Burping, sneezing and farting at the same time-classic)Look after yourself, take it easy, and enjoy.

This is super advice, prospective parents should write it down. Especially the comedy bit. I laughed my arse off last night when my daughter announced to the room "I've got a snotty nose".Make sure you accept offers of help, for you and the kid. Don't be too clingy, let other people help and definitely let them babysit, it builds a bit of bravery and independence in the kid as well as allowing you to live a bit.Also, one of the best things we ever did was sending our daughter to a child minder a couple of times a week. My missus only works 6 hours a week but it gives her a bit of sanity and adult conversation and our daughter has loved mixing with other kids. She's an only child, so it'd be very easy for he to be spoilt and selfish, but she isn't at all and I think been around other kids from an early age (6 months) is the reason.

What age are you now and what age were you when you had your first kid?

I was 24 when Emily was born. I'm 27 now.

I was 20 when my youngest daughter was concieved, and 21 when she was born. Not planned, but these things happen and i guess it's a case of having to step up when they do, i wouldn't change a thing tho. Hell, if you'd have told me i'd be living in a 3 bedroom house with a fiancee ad 3 kids by 25 i'd have laughed in your face a few years back.. lol

26 and just over 1/2 now, will be nearer 27 when 3rd is born in March, was 23 1/2 when first (Logan) came along, and 24 1/2 when the 2nd, (Dylan) appeared. My Wife is just under 2 years younger than me. Oh, and to mention the comedy factor, walking back from the park with my boys the other day, we went past the local chippy, which they have never been taken to (and actually hardly ever even mention), and Logan started wailing "CHIPPY" at the top of his (bloody loud) voice, along the whole row of shops until we crossed the road. Elderly couple walking behind took much amusement in this, and probably thought "Typical Dad, alone with the kids, must take them to have chips for lunch usually". All because I was pointing out to them both that there was a queue outside the chippy and it wasn't open for another 20mins. Kids, gotta love 'em, can't take them anywhere. I think they are hilarious.

• Paid Members

Glad that you're finally happy MAT. I could be your midwife ;)

Funny you should say that because a Doctor i work with will be doing an Obs placement right around the time of my EDD.I havent told anyone at work yet, and he was laughing and joking about how if i got pregnant he'd be my Ob......yeah.....funny.... >.<

After being induced twice on saturday & once on sunday,first starting the contractions mid saturday afternoon & hardly any sleep in about 3 days for both of us my g/f finally gave birth to our daughter Violet-Starr at 10:38 this morning weighing 6lb 4oz.A hell of a lot of waiting & pain but it was all worth it & they're both doing fine.Just gotta monitor the missus's bloodpressure & temp & as long as its ok im hoping they'll be allowed home tomorrow,can't wait....

violet4.jpg

violet1.jpg

luluviolet2.jpg

meviolet3.jpg

3ofus.jpg