~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

After being induced twice on saturday & once on sunday,first starting the contractions mid saturday afternoon & hardly any sleep in about 3 days for both of us my g/f finally gave birth to our daughter Violet-Starr at 10:38 this morning weighing 6lb 4oz.A hell of a lot of waiting & pain but it was all worth it & they're both doing fine.Just gotta monitor the missus's bloodpressure & temp & as long as its ok im hoping they'll be allowed home tomorrow,can't wait....violet4.jpgviolet1.jpgluluviolet2.jpgmeviolet3.jpg3ofus.jpg

amazing pics!!! Are small babies common in your families? Congratulations :):thumbsup: Also, next time you see you misses, or to anyone who knows on here, how on earth do you cope with the extreme exhaustion!?!?!?!?!?And i'm going to need to take pics of my belly sooner than i thought cuz i have all of a sudden grown!!! got a nice little bump across my pelvis now ^.^

What sort of nutcase has rings in their lip around small children? My daughter would pull at them all day. She clamped a clothes peg on my nose once.

Haha fair point,my five year old used to play with them when she was a baby,she didn't pull em that much though & she seemed toenjoy just feeling around & feeling them,so i should be ok.Hehe i wouldn't mind anyway,she can't do wrong in my eyesThey came home tonight so she's really relieved to be home in her own bed again after five nights in hospital,she's really tired now so im on feeding duty tonight.Which should be fun as Violet's a bit slow on feeding at the moment so it takes a bit of work,but we'll get there :thumbsup: MAT...small babies don't really run in teh family,but i was tiny,i was three months premature & weighed less than a bag of sugar at one point & wasn't expected to make it,but i did & it amazes a lot of people,so i was pretty happy with her being 6lb 4

• Paid Members

Is 6lb 4oz small? I was 5lb 8oz!Vampy, can I ask if shes being breastfed? If not, why? Just wondering, I'm not going to start lecturing!

I didn't like the breast feeding. It hurt my wife, it put all the responsibility on her and it didn't seem to satisfy the baby. After 3 days, I insisted she stop it and let me help, so she did. It was much better after that, she was less zombified and we had a happier baby. She doesn't seem to have suffered for it. She's small, but so is my wife, so I expect that's in her genes rather than because she was bottle fed.Vamp might have a similar reason, or perhaps he's bottle feeding breast milk.

• Paid Members

What sort of nutcase has rings in their lip around small children? My daughter would pull at them all day. She clamped a clothes peg on my nose once.

Haha fair point,my five year old used to play with them when she was a baby,she didn't pull em that much though & she seemed toenjoy just feeling around & feeling them,so i should be ok.Hehe i wouldn't mind anyway,she can't do wrong in my eyesThey came home tonight so she's really relieved to be home in her own bed again after five nights in hospital,she's really tired now so im on feeding duty tonight.Which should be fun as Violet's a bit slow on feeding at the moment so it takes a bit of work,but we'll get there :thumbsup: MAT...small babies don't really run in teh family,but i was tiny,i was three months premature & weighed less than a bag of sugar at one point & wasn't expected to make it,but i did & it amazes a lot of people,so i was pretty happy with her being 6lb 4
Glad to hear everyones doing well :) I allways thought that 6lb was small, i was 7 on the dot. I would like to try and breastfeed, allthough my brother and i were apparently awful at latching and then once we got the hang of that, we wouldnt suck, yet we both took to a bottle like we'd been doing it our whole lives. weird. Had a really bad night last night, hanging over the toilet for ages, i have never ever felt that sick. I've had alot of viral stomach bugs and nothing touches how i was feeling last night. I've allready assured dear husband to be, that this is the first, and LAST!

Just looked at her tag & apparently it was worked out wrong at first & she was actually 6lb 7oz,still it is pretty small i guess,but in herself she feels a good weight & looks like she's gonna fill out well,obviously you can't really tell but ya know when you can just see things...She's got bloody long legs & feet though hehe.She's not being breastfed,i was all for it & tried persuading my g/f to do it,if nothing else than for that initial bonding.She did say she might try it once,because apparently even doing it just th eone time helps.But she decided against it completely in the end because of how sore she was was already she didn't think she'd be able to take it.TBH i really wish she would but as Rick said about it hurting,i'd rather she be comfortable & happy,plus in a selfish kind of way i can feel more hands on being on bottle duty.Beside's my Lulu's really stubborn at times so i'm not gonna try & persuade her anymore haha.I got about 2 or 3 hours sleep last night,she's still a bit slow feeding & took a while but we got there,she had a couple of good cries & i layed her on my chest to calm her down & she snuggled up & was all happy & content,which felt really good for me as a dad bonding with her.Got about another 3 hours sleep when nanny got up & took over.But i feel grat now i think it's still the adrenaline & excitement

Yaaaaay we're well chuffed!We got our first finished bottle a while ago,she drank 60mls.I know that doesn't sound a lot but it is for her at the minute as she was barely drinking 20 up till now.The midwives at the hospital said because she's slow feeding to give her about 30mls every 3 hours,then th emidwife that visited yesterday said give her 60-80.So i stayed up with her again last night & she gradually drunk a bit more each time.The midwife told us she has jaundice which while it's not serious isn't helping her feeding because it's like a vicious circle.The feeding helps the jaundice go,but the jaundice makes her tired & fall asleep while feeding.But we woke her at 1 this afternoon,gave her a wash & started feeding her.She stayed awake until about half 3ish & drank the 60mls in that time.It's still very slow but she's getting there,just gotta be patient & encourage her to drink.But it felt so good seeing her drink & hearing it go down & the fact she stayed awake for a while :D

hehe awww yea you'll find yourself looking at th estages each week & thinking oooh that's happening inside me.

Go on Bounty they have forums on there that are really helpful,Lucie found it really good to just let things out on there & talk to other girls going through the same thing,& it's also really good if your worried about anything because there's always someone on ethere that is going through or has been through the same things.

I can't be arsed to upload em haha im being lazy but there's a load on my myspace snotty's myspaz

Yaaaaay we're well chuffed!We got our first finished bottle a while ago,she drank 60mls.I know that doesn't sound a lot but it is for her at the minute as she was barely drinking 20 up till now.The midwives at the hospital said because she's slow feeding to give her about 30mls every 3 hours,then th emidwife that visited yesterday said give her 60-80.So i stayed up with her again last night & she gradually drunk a bit more each time.The midwife told us she has jaundice which while it's not serious isn't helping her feeding because it's like a vicious circle.The feeding helps the jaundice go,but the jaundice makes her tired & fall asleep while feeding.But we woke her at 1 this afternoon,gave her a wash & started feeding her.She stayed awake until about half 3ish & drank the 60mls in that time.It's still very slow but she's getting there,just gotta be patient & encourage her to drink.But it felt so good seeing her drink & hearing it go down & the fact she stayed awake for a while :D

lol...This actually brought small tears of happiness to my eyes.What a wuss I am.Delighted for you though Vamp. Congrats to the family and all that.