~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

I think 8 months is FAR too soon to be planning a child with someone. I just don't think it's possible to know someone in that time. It's hardly new though. In the old days, couples would meet, be married within months, have kids within a year and half and then be married for 50 years. Madness!I couldn't do it. I lived with my missus for 3 years before we married and even then it could have gone either way. We have a love-hate relationship. I love her, she hates me. It's hard to know someone until you live with them. Even after 7 years, I still find out little things about my wife and new things irritate me. The same applies vice versa too. After 8 months, we were all loved up, every moment was romantic, we had sex at every single possible opportunity, no matter where it was. You need to get past that honeymoon, experience the daily grind and if you can still stand to look at the other bastard person, then perhaps you are ready.Then you have a baby and they change completely. Fuck.

• Paid Members

Also, you cannot have a planned surprise. You're just covering now because you forgot to take your pill.

What the hell gives you the right to say that? I dont really care how you think it happened but i can tell you now cretin, that this didnt happen because i 'forgot to take my pill' Just because you think your better than me doesnt give you the right to make immature assumptions like that, your digging from the depths of your little hole to try and have a stab at dissing me.Why dont you crawl back into it yeah? You've made nothing but arrogant and condescending posts in this thread so why dont you just grow up, and find something else to take your sad way of thinking out on?

I think alot of what is being said in this thread, doesn't really need to be said. Have your thoughts and negative opinions, but MAT is happy, and no one should be lowering the tone.I probably feel more strongly about this right now than I usually would, and the reason is this:Today, I went to the cremation of my cousins newborn baby. Little Charlotte was born two weeks ago, and today my family had to say goodbye to her, without ever having known her. She was brought to the crematorium in a white glass coach led by white horses, in a tiny pink coffin with a Tiara on top, surrounded by flowers in shapes of teddy bears, hearts, and butterflies.Everyone was absolutely devastated and in tears, including me. My cousin and his girlfriend had written a beautiful speech that was read out, which was especially emotional. They will never get to show their baby off, take her to the park when she gets a little older, never get to be woken in the night by her crying which they so crave for right now. They have spent months preparing for her arrival, changing their lives to adapt to their surprise situation, and all they have left now are some photos and some baby clothes they put on her before she was taken away. Two people and their families have been left crushed, broken hearted, and inconsolable. If anyone deserved the chance to show how great they would have been as parents, it's them. They are an extremely mature, solid couple, with morals and good hearts. Now would it change your opinion if I said they were only 16?I think some people need to gain a bit of perspective, and be happy for MAT. She is sharing some extremely joyful news, and quite frankly the negativity is pretty disgusting.

Edited by fairy_jasmine18

I think this topic, as well as the:

- "should I sunbathe topless?" topic which evolved into "is Richard right for me?",

- the "do any of you strangers want to hang out with me?" topic,

- and the "what sort of wedding should I have?" topic

... may have given some UKFFers the impression that MAT does indeed care about their/our thoughts on her personal life. But only if they compliment her.

Yeah, I didn't quite get that either.Jasmine, your story is extremely sad and it's terrible you had to go through that but I don't see the relevance?The reason I asked about MAT is because she always appears to be ridiculously emotionally unstable. Nothing to do with age.

Opinion of them being "only 16 and not old enough to be good parents".I'm just showing that sometimes baby news sometimes isn't all good, so for now why can't everyone just be nice about it. I don't understand why some people are so hell bent on putting a negative spin on things. I'm not trying to get involved in a huge arguement, I'm jus trying to provide a different perspective.

• Paid Members

Had a bit of a scare last night, I've been having the usual aches and cramps from all the growing, but last night about 9pm i had the biggest, most painful stabbing going across all of my lower tummy. I had a bath and it seemed to calm down but then about 11pm it came back, and was so bad i couldnt move. I called the IDOC out and he had a good poke around my belly, around this time i started being violently sick everywhere. He called maternity and from what i could make out they actually wanted me to come in, i wanted to go in too, but the IDOC said that he didnt think there was a need as if i was misscarrying, or had an ectopic baby the pain would only be in one particular side.I wasnt very happy. He gave me some antiemetics and was on his way. He said i should just get some rest and wait for my scan, which isnt until the 18th. I slept today until about half 12, and just had the normal horrible disgusting sickness i get everyday, the pains are still there but no where near as bad. Just sucks because i've got enough problems at work with begging them to renew my contract on the 31st of march without being off sick too!Did anyone else have a similar experience?

• Paid Members

MAT - I think this forum might be a little more appropriate for your pregnancy queries.

I'm a member of alot of pregnancy communities, i just wondered if anyone with kids remembers anything like that happening.I want as many peoples experinces as i can get, dont know why, i've just become obsess with knowing what everyone elses pregnancy was like.