~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

Rant time!ok so, mid January i was offered the job of my dreams, and of course i took it. It was only a 3 months contract but my boss, the ward Sister, said that it was highly likley they would keep me on, providing i dont go off sick etc. I started on the 28th of Jan, i found out i was pregnant on the 25th. I decided that i wasnt going to tell them until the 3rd month, so that i would have a chance to prove how hard i work and how good i am at my job so that even though i was pregnant they would keep me on.Everything was going fine until my hyperemesis started :( i've been off work since monday.I'm having to go back and forth to hospital and how i havent been spotted by a colleague remains a mystery.I still cant bring myself to tell work. There are people that know, but none of the higher ups. I'm so screwed. I know i've lost my job. On thursday i asked the doctors whilst i was in hospital when i would be able to go back to work. I know she didnt mean to be nasty, but it kinda hurt at the time. She laughed out loud and told me to not even think about work for some time. And i could tell that meant a 'long' time :( I know that half of the way im feeling is down to hormones, but that doesnt stop me from crying non stop about this.I just want to stop throwing up and be able to drink and eat something :( i want to go back to work and make other people feel better :( What the hell am i gonna do??

Sue them for unlawful dismissal?Last time I checked that wasn't a reason to fire someone.I also remember being told that they can't fire you/not give you the job for being preggers. (I remember cos I disagreed and said it weas bollox and that an unpreggers lady would be a better emplyee than a preggers lady, being that they would ge more work done. Apparently not)) But yeh, they can't fire you for that.
She only has a 3 month contract, it'll simply not get renewed.

This thread is amazing. Fuck that Kerry Katona show, MTV missed out with this one.

I really do think the next logical step is to give birth online via webcam. Would be possibly the greatest attention seeking event ever to take place
Nah. Have a live thread instead. MAT can update us about where the head is and then 13 people will all post 'Push', I will post 'Pull' to prove how funny I am.

Rant time!ok so, mid January i was offered the job of my dreams, and of course i took it. It was only a 3 months contract but my boss, the ward Sister, said that it was highly likley they would keep me on, providing i dont go off sick etc. I started on the 28th of Jan, i found out i was pregnant on the 25th. I decided that i wasnt going to tell them until the 3rd month, so that i would have a chance to prove how hard i work and how good i am at my job so that even though i was pregnant they would keep me on.Everything was going fine until my hyperemesis started :( i've been off work since monday.I'm having to go back and forth to hospital and how i havent been spotted by a colleague remains a mystery.I still cant bring myself to tell work. There are people that know, but none of the higher ups. I'm so screwed. I know i've lost my job. On thursday i asked the doctors whilst i was in hospital when i would be able to go back to work. I know she didnt mean to be nasty, but it kinda hurt at the time. She laughed out loud and told me to not even think about work for some time. And i could tell that meant a 'long' time :( I know that half of the way im feeling is down to hormones, but that doesnt stop me from crying non stop about this.I just want to stop throwing up and be able to drink and eat something :( i want to go back to work and make other people feel better :( What the hell am i gonna do??

Sue them for unlawful dismissal?Last time I checked that wasn't a reason to fire someone.I also remember being told that they can't fire you/not give you the job for being preggers. (I remember cos I disagreed and said it weas bollox and that an unpreggers lady would be a better emplyee than a preggers lady, being that they would ge more work done. Apparently not)) But yeh, they can't fire you for that.
Yes, but they have mentioned that they will not renew it if she gets sick, however, getting pregnant dosn't count as being sick. Presumably if she asks why they did not renew the contract and they bring back the 'she got sick part' she would have a case. (I know what I'm trying to say, but tis hard to put it across)

• Paid Members

Yes, but they have mentioned that they will not renew it if she gets sick, however, getting pregnant dosn't count as being sick. Presumably if she asks why they did not renew the contract and they bring back the 'she got sick part' she would have a case. (I know what I'm trying to say, but tis hard to put it across)
Sorry dude, you've got that wrong. They have no obligation to extend her contract, at no point have they suggested to her that they would. It's down to her to make them want to keep her. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond her control, she doesn't have the opportunity to do that.

You're a fucking idiot. Don't become a solicitor will you.It's called a probationary period, its like a get out clause if in case the person turns out to be a liability. It's actually harder than people think to get fired, especially in a company like the NHS, ie nurse. As Chris said, she is on trial and needs to prove she is worth keeping on.

MAT said she was worried they wouldn't renew her contract because she was pregnant because they said they wouldn't if she got sick during the trial time etc, This to me sounded like she was worried thy would fire her/not renew her contract specifically because she was pregnant, which is illegal as far as I know.

MAT said she was worried they wouldn't renew her contract because she was pregnant because they said they wouldn't if she got sick during the trial time etc, This to me sounded like she was worried thy would fire her/not renew her contract specifically because she was pregnant, which is illegal as far as I know.

But you don't know anything, that's the point :(

But you don't know anything, that's the point :(
It's not illegal.If they don't want to extend the contract they don't have too. They don't need a reason, it's a contract for a specific period which both parties signed. If you don't want to lose a temporary job at the end of the temporary contract then becoming pregnant obviously isn't the best move!

• Paid Members

You know nothing.Please shut up.

• Paid Members

No, please fuck off, I'm at least trying to help (badly yes, just going by things I have been taught/gathered) unlike some of the other wanjkers on this thread (awaits obvious replys suggestings reasons for helping MAT)

You can't even spell "wankers" correctly, possibly because that is what you are doing whilst typing.You obviously have never experienced the workplace, so shut up and listen to those who have.Twat.

No, please fuck off, I'm at least trying to help (badly yes, just going by things I have been taught/gathered) unlike some of the other wanjkers on this thread (awaits obvious replys suggestings reasons for helping MAT)

You obviously have never experienced the workplace, so shut up and listen to those who have.
Yes I have, I've also had the big fuck off speech about what to do in interview situations and waht and what they can't ask you.