~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

No, please fuck off, I'm at least trying to help (badly yes, just going by things I have been taught/gathered) unlike some of the other wanjkers on this thread (awaits obvious replys suggestings reasons for helping MAT)

You want to screw the baby?
He wants to be the baby.

No, please fuck off, I'm at least trying to help (badly yes, just going by things I have been taught/gathered) unlike some of the other wanjkers on this thread (awaits obvious replys suggestings reasons for helping MAT)

You want to screw the baby?
He wants to be the baby.
He wants to screw the baby while soiling a fresh pair of Pampers?

• Paid Members

MAT said she was worried they wouldn't renew her contract because she was pregnant because they said they wouldn't if she got sick during the trial time etc, This to me sounded like she was worried thy would fire her/not renew her contract specifically because she was pregnant, which is illegal as far as I know.

But you don't know anything, that's the point :(
It's not illegal.If they don't want to extend the contract they don't have too. They don't need a reason, it's a contract for a specific period which both parties signed. If you don't want to lose a temporary job at the end of the temporary contract then becoming pregnant obviously isn't the best move!
TB, let me explain it to you this way.You ran a very important business, a business that requires alot of hard work, physical and mentally challenging, with risks in everything that your workers did. You run a very tight ship and if you have a staff member that went off work sick, even if its through something they cant help, it throws the work place up in the air and could even result in someone becoming seriously ill or even death. Now, this said worker is only a temp and is only contracted until the 31st but given the nature of the sickness, they could be off until way past that date anyway.And even if she didnt have alot of complications and was well enough to work, the workplace couldnt really cope with her having maternity leave, and there is allways the possibility that she might not come back.Would you keep her on? or let her go? I'd show me the door in a second.Which is why im now writing my letter of resignation. I had ANOTHER stint in A&E last night and they told me that they want me on bed rest for a month and possibly longer if i was still having problems. BUT! i got to hear the babys heart beat for the first time!!!! The little motor going like the clappers :) it makes all this allmost worth it :)And they gave me some new drugs to try to keep food and fluid down and i had the best sleep EVER earlier :)

MAT said she was worried they wouldn't renew her contract because she was pregnant because they said they wouldn't if she got sick during the trial time etc, This to me sounded like she was worried thy would fire her/not renew her contract specifically because she was pregnant, which is illegal as far as I know.

But you don't know anything, that's the point :(
It's not illegal.If they don't want to extend the contract they don't have too. They don't need a reason, it's a contract for a specific period which both parties signed. If you don't want to lose a temporary job at the end of the temporary contract then becoming pregnant obviously isn't the best move!
TB, let me explain it to you this way.You ran a very important business, a business that requires alot of hard work, physical and mentally challenging, with risks in everything that your workers did. You run a very tight ship and if you have a staff member that went off work sick, even if its through something they cant help, it throws the work place up in the air and could even result in someone becoming seriously ill or even death. Now, this said worker is only a temp and is only contracted until the 31st but given the nature of the sickness, they could be off until way past that date anyway.And even if she didnt have alot of complications and was well enough to work, the workplace couldnt really cope with her having maternity leave, and there is allways the possibility that she might not come back.Would you keep her on? or let her go? I'd show me the door in a second.Which is why im now writing my letter of resignation. I had ANOTHER stint in A&E last night and they told me that they want me on bed rest for a month and possibly longer if i was still having problems. BUT! i got to hear the babys heart beat for the first time!!!! The little motor going like the clappers :) it makes all this allmost worth it :) And they gave me some new drugs to try to keep food and fluid down and i had the best sleep EVER earlier :)
Amazing aint it:) We heard it quite a lot because of where they had to keep her monitored because of the pre-eclamsia.She was on the monitor for over an hour sometimes & the heartbeats so relaxing i almost fell asleep a couple of times.One of the best sounds you'll ever hear

• Paid Members

Body changes :(So, even though i'm actually loosing weight because of my hyperemisis, my jeans wont do up anymore because of my little baby belly :( i look like im 4 months along not 2!!!My boobs, i swear if they get any bigger they will burst. I've shot up from a 34 c/d to a whopping 34 dd/e and im still growing. They are absolutley killing my back and across my shoulders and im even starting to walk funny :(But the worst, by FAR is the acne.I have funny skin anyway. If it doesnt like the weather, i'll break out. times my normal breakouts by 100, and youve got what my skin looks like now. It started on my shoulders, no biggie, easily hidden, but now its started to go up the side of my neck and i cant hide that!!!!I've been speaking to my friends about and the jurys still out. half of them said that they got the occasional few but it cleared up later on in their pregnancy, the other half have told me that they had such bad skin they didnt want to go out, and that it didnt clear up til a good two months after their little horrors were born.*sigh* roll on the sun!!!!!

Technically, if they would keep you on if not for the pregnancy, it's still discrimination and still illegal. It's a very odd situation. If you weren't pregnant, they could let you go for any reason at all but if they were planning to keep you on until they found out you were having a baby, they put themselves in a bad position because they can't allow that to be the reason (or even part of the reason for not keeping you on).

It doesnt really matter now anyway, the doctors want me on bedrest for at least a month and they told me that i shouldnt even be thinking of going back to work for a very long time :(

In which case, you ought to be due sick pay as well. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

In two weeks time according to old wives tales, its going to be safe for me to start preparing for baby, ie; buying things. I've been doing my research on travel systems (the pram/pushchair/car seat combos) and have an idea of what i want, but i want to actually see them, touch them, fiddle around with them if you get what i mean.Theres no such place to do that down here really, i've got to venture on to the mainland to get big stuff like this.Does anyone know of a massive baby store? i want one with the biggest range of buggies etc so i dont have to go travelling around too much.TA! :thumbsup: