General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

A lot of the visuals haven't aged too well. Like watching the first series of Red Dwarf after a few years. Mean machine and hammerstein still looks good, the lawgiver and lawmaster still look excellent and some of the sets are ok. But the only really good thing in the film is still Ian Dury's cameo. But then I'm one of those who still read 2000AD and could just about stomach Dredd taking his helmet off, but not snogging Hershey

I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember quite enjoying the Stallone one. Is it really that bad?

I'm not too precious about the character of Judge Dredd, although I did used to enjoy the comics.

I liked the Judge Dredd film with Stallone.

Its a decent actioner, mixing bits of comedy and action and seriousness set in the world of Judge Dredd. Its not brilliant, but its not as shite as people would have it made out to be. So, its not like the comic book, so fucking what? Ive never got that side of the argument

In the rotating camera shot of them all standing in a circle, one moment the Hulk's not there, the next he is! They forgot to composite him in in the first second.

Edit, cos I'm a nerd and looked at it again - at 42seconds, no Hulk. At 44 seconds, there WAS a Hulk.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
So, its not like the comic book, so fucking what? Ive never got that side of the argument

How on earth can you not get that side of the argument? Surely you can understand that people may want things to be close the the source material they're an adaptation of?

Also Hulk isn't missing, he's stepping backwards into the circle.

• Paid Members
So, its not like the comic book, so fucking what? Ive never got that side of the argument

How on earth can you not get that side of the argument? Surely you can understand that people may want things to be close the the source material they're an adaptation of?

Just read the source material, then. Why does it have to be exactly the same? What's the point?

• Paid Members

Just read the source material, then. Why does it have to be exactly the same? What's the point?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

• Paid Members

I didn't say it had to be exactly the same, I just said surely you can understand why people may want things to be close to the source material.

I don't mind when things stray from the source material if they do it well, Judge Dredd changed some things that are fundamental to the character and the movie suffered massively for it.

Jesus, what's with you today?