Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

There's a good chance that I'd have stopped watching wrestling in the early 90s had it not been for the likes of Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. The fact that both have now passed on well before their respective times is shocking and saddening, and leaves a gaping hole in the modern product that it's going to take something really special to fill.God bless and rest in peace.

• Paid Members

Can I assume that Raw will still be 3 hours tonight, or will the WWE show some sense and knock it off after two to let the staff get themselves together?

Edited by sephjnr

The nice thing to do would be to run a three hour Best Of Raw with an onscreen graphic explaining why (as I assume not running anything would get them into piles of sponsor/network trouble), give everyone the night off, and then deal with it on SmackDown, ECW and next week's Raw.At worst, it'll give fans a week between tribute shows and will make it look a lot less hypocritical.

• Paid Members

Can I assume that Raw will still be 3 hours tonight, or will the WWE show some sense and knock it off after two to let the staff chill out?

doubt it despite the situation they still have 3 hours to fill

• Paid Members

Whenever one of the 80's/early 90's wrestlers dies, such as Rude, Hennig, Guerrero, it's always mentioned that Benoit is one of those on borrowed time, due to his Billington levels of steroid abuse, but never in a million years would I expect to read of his death in these circumstances. Chris Benoit is one of those wrestlers who never put in a lazy performance, and even when faced with poor or unprofessional opponents, never lowered himself to their standards. His pride in his craft was to be as admired as his was his abilities. A sad loss to the wrestling world, and a ending unfitting to such a man.

Its even more bizzare considering that one of Benoit's close friends and former tag partner Biff Wellington died very recently. I'm sad to say that it looks at the moment very much like suicide.(Does anyone know of anywhere I would be able to watch the Raw tribute tonight. I don't have Sky Sports or a Stream TV account.)

• Paid Members

The only logical explanation would be that Benoit missed the house show on saturday and didnt show up to the ppv sunday, wwe not being about to get hold of anybody at there address they assume there is a family problem, hence the announcement last night, and im assuming they were only found in the last few hours for there to be no news story locally.im utterly shocked.

I know it's REALLY not important right now but this is going to fuck the WWE completely, this is the worst possible thing that could have happened given the publicity that Vince's "death" was getting.Its a lose lose situation whatever happens now.

• Paid Members

The nice thing to do would be to run a three hour Best Of Raw with an onscreen graphic explaining why (as I assume not running anything would get them into piles of sponsor/network trouble), give everyone the night off, and then deal with it on SmackDown, ECW and next week's Raw.At worst, it'll give fans a week between tribute shows and will make it look a lot less hypocritical.

They cant do that. The only thing that is needed now is honesty. WWE have to admit theyve fucked up. Christ knows every single person thats part of that company is going to be devastated. Tonight RAW needs to be real in every sense of the word. Edited by KJHenley