Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

I literally just finished watching the ECW title match from the PPV and as the next match was about to start, got a text from Dan Edler simply saying "Benoit dead".To say I was shocked to read that he, Nancy and son were all dead in such bizarre circumstances was an understatement. This is difficult news to take in!

My guess would be that as far as they knew yesterday... Benoit just no showed the PPV... so they just made up the family emergancy story as cover...Raw really needs to start with a monologue from Vince saying how he recently faked his own death... for reasons he's not going to go into here as its really not the time or place... but tonight is all about the late, great Chris Benoit...

It's also worth pointing out as someone did upthread about the whole Benoit missing the PPV due to family emergency. Gas leak is not likely in that case. If it was any kind of intruder scenario, the police wouldn't have let Benoit in the house. Maybe something had happened to Nancy and the kid, Benoit found them, and it coming so soon after all the Eddy bullshit was just too much? I dunno. Speculation is pointless. I'm just going to hurl an emoticon into the ether: :(

That's exactly what I thought.I'm still in utter disbelief.

From 1wrestling.com:

MORE DETAILS ON DEATH OF CHRIS BENOIT & familyBy: Bob Ryder6/25/2007 6:36:57 PM Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead at their Atlanta area home.Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.At last night's Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating.

he does come across as a very emotional person

I was thinking about the Eddy tribute show, when Benoit just broke down. Complete weeping, snot, gasping dreadful unhappiness.Add the Wellington recent death (were they that close?) and this is looking like one depressing story.

Totally, totally, stunned. There is so many different things that could have happened. The family emergency and the deaths could be some horrible coincidence. The loss of life could be at the hands of an accident which has been mentioned before. Regardless of how great a wrestler he was this is a tragic loss for any family. Prayers to the members of the family who will have to deal with such terrible loss.

Guest Rex Everything

Some sick bar studs are posting on Benoit's wikipedia page that it's a work, connected to the Vince storyline.

Very very sad news. Whenever I go to a show whether it house, raw or smackdown I always say to my friend I always go with that I go with the idea that the match I see might well be the last that person does. If I go to a show I always assume itll be the last time I see Flair, Michaels or Undertaker due to retirement however I would never have thought the last time I saw Benoit wrestling would have been the last time. Just a few things I like to say in reference to Benoit. I enjoyed a number of his matches. His amazing performances with Triple H and Shawn Michaels at WM XX and Backlash that same year, his great match with Regal on the dvd or the series of fantastic matches with Eddie Guerrero. Its such a shame to look back on those matches and remember how great he was at what he did. All I think of is how so many greats have been taken so very young from Owen Hart and Brian Pillman to Eddie Guerrero and now Chris Benoit. Whenever I see a chop or German Suplex, I dont think of Ric Flair or Kenta Kobashi, I think of Chris Benoit.RIP Chris and Family. Your contribution to the wrestling world wil be greatly missed. (Note - I suspect that this had more simple solution, like Carbon Monoxide Poisoning or something. It would be very strange that a whole family to be killed especially the children).

Death AngleOn June 25th the WWE announced Benoit and his family to be dead, but it has been confirmed this is part of the 'murder' storyline that has also taken Mr. McMahon's "life".a mate found this on wikipedia but doesnt know what to make of it