Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

this is shocking news. i just came on her to e-mail a friend whos in hospital and though i would have a quick look on ukff. i don't know what to say I hate to say this but could it be murder. benoit says he is getting a later plane for a house show then no one hear from him till till today when they find him and his family dead. i don't know i really am shocked i can see raw being one of those moment in life where i have to cry (i swear to god if this is something to do with the mcmahon story line which i don't think it is i will be so pissed at wwe they would have taken this too far)as for some people saying wwe is screw if vince comes clear about the gimmick or not. I don't have a problem with the gimmick as i ve always seen wwe as soap opera (ok in soap opera people never come back from the dead like i guess vince was going to) but i think vince should do the right thing and end the gimmick tonightR.I.P BENOIT AND FAMILY

Still thinking about the show tonight and how this plays into the WWE. Is it too early to be holding a tribute show? I know Eddie's death was known only the day before Raw, but the details on this are very sketchy, and scary and the thought of running a tribute show today may just be too soon, if that's possible.

To be fair, given that there is a show scheduled that is far too late to outright cancel, a tribute show is the most appropriate thing they can do at this juncture.However, with what has happened, and the fact that such a tragedy has occurred, the 'what will happen on TV tonight' discussion really doesn't seem appropriate right now.
I was thinking more along the lines of what somebody else mentioned, a 'Best of' type show, just allowing people to get their heads around it.But, yes, it is all rather futile in the face of Benoit's death.

I have just left a permant job and am curretnly working on a temp to perm basis, I need to impress my emplyers butI cant go to bed, I will be staying up to see RAW, no matter how mucj Vince has stained the tribute show with hs recent actions I will watch RAW and I will cry my eyes out for another fallen hero.

s_f8a99873e2536c24cf7366a44947d7bf.jpg

I am so in shock Benoit is the best you can't tell me he and Eddie are both now gone? That scene of them embracing at Wrestlemania in the ring after Benoit won the title is now happening in heaven.

I think a lot of people will agree that that was of the best, most memorable and emotional moments ever in wrestling, definetly in WWE.

• Paid Members

I hope they don't have the talking heads on this show. Just matches past and present. I hate the tributes, I feel uncomfortable watching people express their grief on live TV, especially so soon after it happened. Perhaps if they'd had a week to understand it, they could deliver a fitting tribute, but in the wake of it, all you get is heart break.

• Paid Members

I don't usually get excited over Elijah Burke, but so far this match has been pretty good. Superb suplex work from Benoit, and not the nothing-match I was worried it would be.

Can't believe this. Devastated. One of the few pro wrestlers who I respect.I would be utterly disgusted if this was a worked angle, but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.Wouldn't be surprised as well to see management making someone slag him off in attempt to gain some cheap heel heat. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mick

I have just left a permant job and am curretnly working on a temp to perm basis, I need to impress my emplyers butI cant go to bed, I will be staying up to see RAW, no matter how mucj Vince has stained the tribute show with hs recent actions I will watch RAW and I will cry my eyes out for another fallen hero.s_f8a99873e2536c24cf7366a44947d7bf.jpg

Likewise. I really need to be up for work at like 7am, but I have to see RAW, if not all of it, just the opening.

TNA have it on there site now.Theres no way this is a work.To be fair, im not sure how long the WWE Staff have known, but if its as soon as it was reported on WWE.com, i doubt they'll be able to go out and wrestle some matches tonight.Like someone said, have some videos, a best of Benoit show, and just let the talent go home.