Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

I would imagine WWE knew about this several hours before the news broke.

I have a funny feeling WWE knew about this before last night's show.
I can't see the WWE continuing to plug the Vince Memorial Special during the show having known one of their top stars had died.

• Paid Members

I'm don't think that's the case. Their website has clearly been very rushed with it's alterations, almost as if they got the news up as quick as posible, then worried about the rest of the changes, most of which have only taken place in the last 20 minutes.

I hate this. I am angry and sad and don't know what to think or say or do. I will miss Chris Benoit and I didn't even know him. I hate to think how his family must be feeling. At the very least I can hope he is at peace with his family.

Rest In Peace Chris BenoitI'm shocked, angry and most of all, upset. Earlier today Chris Benoit and his family (including former WCW manager/valet Woman) were found dead at their home. I feel as though part of my love for pro-wrestling has gone alongside Benoit. He was truly a great of the business.This is just so upsetting. I am in so much shock I cannot even talk about how un-fortunate the timing is, what with the Vince storyline and all. The fact that his whole family have gone... the fact that he was supposed to win a world championship just last night... the fact that he has a son in Canada who is now fatherless... all of it makes me sick. I will always remember Benoit as one of the best in the world. The great thing about him is that he could do whatever you wanted him to do... he was a brilliant sports-entertainer, a brilliant worker, and most of all, a brilliant wrestler.I will never forget your fueds and matches with Jericho, Guerrero, Chavo, Rey, Michaels, Triple H, Regal, RVD and many more. One of my favourite moments in the history of pro-wrestling is a Chris Benoit moment

I have a funny feeling WWE knew about this before last night's show.
Even if they did, the police obviously did'nt want it getting out then did they? so the WWE did the right thing.

How did all three die all of a sudden? This is fucking terrible.

From what I gather, the family emergency was that Chris Benoit's family was vomiting blood, which is a key side effect of severe monoxide poisoning. That is my guess, but I am in sad-anticipation of the official result.One thing I can't stop thinking about is IF this is what happen, how did it get to the point that they all died? Did Chris Benoit not have health insurance since he is only a "independent contractor?" I.e. they couldn't get proper medical attention because they coulnd't afford it? I am very very sorry if the above speculation is inappropriate, my mind is whirring at 100 mph and just wanted to get something off my chest I guess.Terrible terrible news. I know many people stopped watching WWE because of Eddie passing (not because of his post death treatment, but the actual death being so sad) and I can imagine this having a very similar effect. When I started watching wrestling, I remember as a kid watching Benoit and thinking "damn your a vicious bastard" and it made it real for me. A brillient wrestler (as I think we can all agree).RIP.

• Paid Members

I remember as a kid watching Benoit and thinking "damn your a vicious bastard" and it made it real for me.

I remember the other week watching and thinking "damn you're a vicious bastard" and it made it real for me.

I am absolutely devastated by this and I'm fighting back the tears as I type thismy thoughts & prayers go out to Benoit and his family's friends, family and loved onesanother truly great loss at a ridiculously young age

Now, I know everyone says 'you know whos' a cock, Vince McMahon' but I can certainly see it being a clip show, and the live crowd being offered refunds.There are loads of stories floating around about Vince being all nice, giving money to Fred Blassie for years etc.Before when they let PPV's go on, that's different - the logistics of scrapping with hundreds of thousands of people needing refunds, providers getting pissed off etc, give a plausible reason as to why they carried on with say Over The Edge and Badd Blood.TV's different - you can put on filler easy enough, if there's an explanation as to why, it won't annoy the TV audience (who've paid zero) and it won't break the bank to give people their money back and a couple of tee shirts.

Just read this and it is absolutely shocking. Still not sure how I can get my head around it. Horrible news.Just throwing another rumour into the hat, but on another forum I read that the "family incident" had been a car crash involving Woman. Not sure of the validity, but it wouldn't immediately support claims of coughing up blood.

I've watched very little WWE recently. Survivor Series, and Raw in London were the last two shows I saw before Vengeance. I made the decision to watch Vengeance based on the fact I really wanted to see Benoit Vs Punk. An all time great, vs a possible future all time great. The intensity the two could've had would've been astounding.But it never happened, because Benoit is dead. I'm in total shock. I've posted a few times on this thread already, but this is now coming out without thinking. I will miss you Chris Benoit. Thank you for spending time with the fans at a Smackdown house show in London a couple of years back, and shaking my hand. Thank you for some of the most intense matches I've ever seen. Thank you, and RIP. You will always be special to all of us.