Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

It's also worth pointing out as someone did upthread about the whole Benoit missing the PPV due to family emergency. Gas leak is not likely in that case. If it was any kind of intruder scenario, the police wouldn't have let Benoit in the house. Maybe something had happened to Nancy and the kid, Benoit found them, and it coming so soon after all the Eddy bullshit was just too much? I dunno. Speculation is pointless. I'm just going to hurl an emoticon into the ether: :(

Its even more bizzare considering that one of Benoit's close friends and former tag partner Biff Wellington died very recently. I'm sad to say that it looks at the moment very much like suicide.(Does anyone know of anywhere I would be able to watch the Raw tribute tonight. I don't have Sky Sports or a Stream TV account.)

Don't know where you could watch it live but www.dailymotion.com/rutehhh/1 normally has all the wrestling shows on and i'd imagine that it'd be uploaded sometime tomorrow

• Paid Members

Well, somebody's got to be a bit inappropriate and too early to say this, so it may as well be me:On Raw tonight they will do a ten count salute to Benoit. And when they do, Vince McMahon, his family, and his creative staff are going to look like complete and utter fucking piece of shit cunt. In fact, if any McMahon family member has the gall to appear before the crowd tonight, they deserve to get cancer. Not MOJ exaggerating internet style cancer, but actual real terminal cancer.

I'm sorry Lister but I think that's unfair. Yes it puts the McMahon storyline into perspective, but I'd have a lot less respect for them if they don't come out. Vince staying hidden away as if he's still playing dead, spits in the face of Benoit far more than anything they've done in the past couple of weeks.
Frankly there's no right thing for Vince to do tonight. However he chooses to handle it, he's going to come off badly.The least worst option is for Vince to open the show, announce Benoit's death, then add something along the lines of "for obvious reasons, the recent storyline involving the apparant death of the Mr McMahon character has been abandoned". You don't want to harp on about it, but I don't think there's any way to do the 'usual' tribute show without acknowledging the McMahon storyline in some way, otherwise it just leaves such a sour taste.

The weirdest coincidence in all of this is that it appears that both Guerrero and Benoit died as they were due to win titles on their respective brands (assuming that Punk would've won against Nitro had that been the plan against Benoit)

• Paid Members

Maybe something had happened to Nancy and the kid, Benoit found them, and it coming so soon after all the Eddy bullshit was just too much? I dunno. Speculation is pointless. I'm just going to hurl an emoticon into the ether: :(

It's possible. From the way he speaks of Guerrero and of Stu Hart on the Hard Knocks DVD, he does come across as a very emotional person, aswell as very family orientated.