What are YOU watching?

Big Rob

• Paid Members

I've been rewatching Elimination Chamber and copying what I want to keep to get it off the sky box along with all the other WWE stuff.

While watching it at the time the whole SmackDown Chamber match felt really superfluous - we all knew Edge would retain his title practically from the moment Del Rio won the Rumble - on a second watch, it really was a great match.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched In Your House 12: It's Time and its a pretty poor event regarding the Audio and Music, you can hardly hear the Entrance Themes and the Ring Announcer, Match Wise the opened featuring Flash Funk vs Leif Cassidy has its moments but the rest of the card is pretty bog standard although Shawn Michaels is great on Commentary during the Main Event

Just finished watching SummerSlam 2007, featured the returns of rey mysterio and triple h. Also had one of the first meetings, maybe even the first for the WWE Title between John Cena and Randy Orton.

Main thing that struck me was regarding Triple H, especially seeing the last couple of weeks of RAW. Anyway, Triple H showed so much passion in his return at this event, he looked like he was absolutely loving being back and it wss amazing.

Fast forward to two weeks ago and then last week on raw, he just doesn't seem to show the same passion. It's still early days in his return like, but compared to 2007, his heart just doesn't seem in it anymore, I really think Wrestlemania is his last dance so to speak, shame

Just finished watching the 9th Anniversary ROH show which was good in parts, my favourite match was Daniels Vs Edwards, Ive got The Chaperone to watch tonight, Im feeling quiete restless so it will hopefully help me sleep lol.

Just finished watching Glory By Honor VIII: The Final Countdown. Trying to get back into ROH and it's my first show i've watched since Gabe left.

First thing i'll say is the crowd seemed a bit flat in places. Solid undercard, Hero vs. Kingston work well together as ever although i enjoyed their CZW matches more. Bucks vs. Briscoe's was my favourite match of the night, preferred it to the ladder war. Although it wasn't their best match it was another very solid effort from Nigel and Dragon and a nice farewell for both guys. Nice speech from Bryan putting over the company also a few words from Nigel but he seemed pretty out of it from the match. Was nice to hear one last rendition of the "Final Countdown".

• Paid Members
Hello!

I've been watching back to back Daniel Bryan tonight. Firstly, his loss to Michael Tarver on NXT Season One. Secondly, his defeat, again to Michael Tarver, on the post SummerSlam Raw. Great matches, both.

Are you a Michael Tarver fan?

• Paid Members
Hello!

I've been watching back to back Daniel Bryan tonight. Firstly, his loss to Michael Tarver on NXT Season One. Secondly, his defeat, again to Michael Tarver, on the post SummerSlam Raw. Great matches, both.

Are you a Michael Tarver fan?

Is there anyone who isn't?.

Edit. Stolen from elsewhere..

stormtarver.jpg

• Paid Members

I've been watching Nitro from 1996. I started with the Nitro after Hogan joined the nWo and am half way through the last show of July. Up until this Nitro it's been quite a slow burn with nWo but the mass backstage attack by nWo and the aftermath is fucking brilliant TV. The aftermath is like after a terrorist attack and it really kick starts the idea of nWo vs WCW. It is essentially 20 minutes of attending to injured wrestlers but it is fixating TV and actually very reminiscent of a 24/7 news channel.

Mostly just browsing through Youtube and Dailymotion. I often get a notion to check out stuff from guys i'm not so familiar with, or from before the time i was familiar with them. So in the last couple of weeks i've watched as much as i could find of Paul Orndorff, pre-WWF Dusty Rhodes and 80s Ricky Steamboat.

The most recent though was Eddie Gilbert. I'm quite enjoying it and have stumbled across some crackers v the likes of Ricky Morton, Funk and a great little tag w/ Steamboat vs Windham and Flair. For the acclaim he gets though, i get the feeling it's probably not his best stuff. I should add that i absolutely hate the studio settings on 80s NWA and territories TV. With no hard cameras, a handful of fans and sometimes even no ring-apron, it takes a lot of the effect away.

Mostly just browsing through Youtube and Dailymotion. I often get a notion to check out stuff from guys i'm not so familiar with, or from before the time i was familiar with them. So in the last couple of weeks i've watched as much as i could find of Paul Orndorff, pre-WWF Dusty Rhodes and 80s Ricky Steamboat.

The most recent though was Eddie Gilbert. I'm quite enjoying it and have stumbled across some crackers v the likes of Ricky Morton, Funk and a great little tag w/ Steamboat vs Windham and Flair. For the acclaim he gets though, i get the feeling it's probably not his best stuff. I should add that i absolutely hate the studio settings on 80s NWA and territories TV. With no hard cameras, a handful of fans and sometimes even no ring-apron, it takes a lot of the effect away.

I am slowly making my way through the NWA WCW show from 1989 and the show really picks up when they move out of the TBS Studios and to Center Stage. Not that there weren't any good matches at the Studio (there is a great Gilbert/Windham match that airs the week before the tag with Steamboat that you have referenced), but there was *something* missing at this point. When they moved to Center Stage the crowd was so much hotter and into everything, and the Steamboat return would have gone down far better in an environment like this compared to how it went down at TBS.

Watched Summerslam '90 last night. This is still a fantastic event after all these years with some pretty darn good matches. Really captures the whole late 80's early 90's WWF. Also makes me miss some of the great characters wrestling used to have like Rude, Roberts, Demolition etc.

Archived