Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

I've been similar to you

I still check the scores and have the Florida Panthers alerts etc on my phone giving me the results so I have an understanding of the standing of things but since it left Channel 5 I do miss being able to watch some games (I couldn't justify paying for Premier Sports on top of what I already pay for various subscription services)

The good news is I saw the other day that the new Free Sports channel that has launched will supposedly be showing 3 live NHL games a week so this season is certainly a good time to try and get back into the sport.

I never knew about the free sports channel, sounds great. I currently use freeview so assume it's part of that?

If so that's great to hear. 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
5 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Is there a suck thing as a portable /extendible blackout blind. moved to a new gaff and we get the sun right in our window in the mornings. I want to put up a blackout blind but the landlord might not appreciate me getting one permanently installed .

Yes, we had the same issue, new house/baby room/decorating. You can get them with suction cups. You will. E able to get them cheaper than this, but here is an example.

http://www.easyblindsonline.co.uk/easynight-blackout-blind

I was big into the the NHL back in the early channel 5 days. I dont really watch games as I dont think premier sports is worth it. I only really watch Rangers highlights and Hockeyfights.com. I use to play as well thinking of going back this season but I havent played a competitive match in about 2 years. It wasnt a good time as that season I played 7 games had 7 fights nearly 77 pims in 7 games is a record i didnt want.

A Cat playing fetch surprisingly isn't a rare phenomenon. Is by chance your Cat an indoor cat if so it could be bringing you its "prey" as a reward. By throwing it away it is sending out wrong signals so its best to accept it next time and compliment the cat by saying thank you or making a fuss of it. If you Google cat playing fetch it brings up quite a few examples. Also if you have a dog it could be emulating its behavior too. 

Can someone tell me what range (low, mid, high) this gaming laptop is and what games it would be capable of playing. I'm specifically looking at games like GTA V, Witcher 3 and the like.

Lenovo Ideapad 510

Intel Core i7-6500U Dual Core (2.5GHz, Intel Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz)

Windows 10 Home 64-bit 

8GB RAM

750GB HDD (I'll be changing this to a SSD)

Dedicated (NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 940MX with 2GB GDDR3 Dedicated Memory)

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Really Big Shoe said:

A Cat playing fetch surprisingly isn't a rare phenomenon. Is by chance your Cat an indoor cat if so it could be bringing you its "prey" as a reward. By throwing it away it is sending out wrong signals so its best to accept it next time and compliment the cat by saying thank you or making a fuss of it. If you Google cat playing fetch it brings up quite a few examples. Also if you have a dog it could be emulating its behavior too. 

Ah. Yeah, I knew it wasn't super rare but I didn't know I was offending him by throwing it for him!

2 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

Can someone tell me what range (low, mid, high) this gaming laptop is and what games it would be capable of playing. I'm specifically looking at games like GTA V, Witcher 3 and the like.

Lenovo Ideapad 510

Intel Core i7-6500U Dual Core (2.5GHz, Intel Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz)

Windows 10 Home 64-bit 

8GB RAM

750GB HDD (I'll be changing this to a SSD)

Dedicated (NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 940MX with 2GB GDDR3 Dedicated Memory)

GTA V will run fine on around medium settings and I've had Witcher 3 run ok-ish on worse hardware but that was on the low preset, you're going to find newer games being much tougher to run even at 720p.

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

GTA V will run fine on around medium settings and I've had Witcher 3 run ok-ish on worse hardware but that was on the low preset, you're going to find newer games being much tougher to run even at 720p.

Thanks for the reply. 

What specifically would hold it back? And is it something that can be upgraded,  bearing in mind its a laptop?

Archived