Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Speaking of which.

A little while ago I bought a big HDMI cable to go out my laptop into my TV. It was working fine as you would expect - sound and picture.

Suddenly one day I plugged it in and only the picture was transmitting; the sound was only coming out of the laptop. Since then I just transfer stuff on to a usb stick and put it in the Xbone to play it on the TV, but obviously that's an annoying faff about so if I could fix the problem that would be great.

Any ideas?

• Paid Members

Speaking of which.

A little while ago I bought a big HDMI cable to go out my laptop into my TV. It was working fine as you would expect - sound and picture.

Suddenly one day I plugged it in and only the picture was transmitting; the sound was only coming out of the laptop. Since then I just transfer stuff on to a usb stick and put it in the Xbone to play it on the TV, but obviously that's an annoying faff about so if I could fix the problem that would be great.

Any ideas?

Go into control panel, click sound and select your TV as the default audio device. Funnily enough, I had the same issue randomly a few weeks ago after having my laptop connected to my telly for years without a problem. The above sorted it out.

• Moderators

I tried a different HDMI and still had the problem, so I figured it was some setting I've accidentally changed on my laptop, or some Windows 10 patch that changed a setting.

I'll give that a go Wretch, thanks! I think you having had the problem in the same way lends credence to my theory that it's some bullshit windows update that's done it.

• Paid Members

Anybody ever used Music Magpie to get rid of DVD's and the like? I've boxed up 11 boxes worth of stuff with a courier to come and collect in the next two days and if they pay out for everything it should be over £200... I'm guaranteeing they'll find a reason not accept some items though. Anyway, anyone had any experience with them? Was hesitant to use them but they were offering way more per item than CEX.

How did that go? I've got a couple of thousand DVDs I need shot of and I'm wondering what the best way to do it is

I think the panthers will win, but I can see some Hollywood ending with Manning walking off into the sunset as the hero.

That's why I see the Broncos winning it by less than 3 points, but just sneaking a win.

I knew I should've put a bet on the Broncos winning, I would've got good odds if I put the bet on before the game started. C'est la vie.

Archived