Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love these little hints at your dark side that crop up from time to time, Steve.

Yeah. I worry myself sometimes.

This is very innocent though. I'm just curious to know whether a particular person is still inside, and if so when their release date is. Or if they're dead.

I'd prefer the latter.

• Paid Members

You're making a lot of assumptions there, Ladiesman — I know that if we put a washing machine in our place (something that the lease forbids anyway), we'd have attached it to the wall at head heigh (something I've seen in apartment ads), or throw a tablecloth over it and bedside table most of the time.

• Paid Members

Can someone explain how TV-am worked. Was it on ITV, if so why did it have an issue with ITN, Isn't ITN also ITV? I legit find all those 1970's/80's TV contract things incredibly confusing. Lister seems to be someone who would know, or Butch.

• Moderators

TV-AM was, for all intents and purposes, a channel rather than a TV programme. It was a franchise to provide service for 6am-9:25 on channel 3, and so as thus would have to source or buy in it's own news independently. They chose to make their own rather than pay for ITN news content but it was terrible as they were skint and nearly lost their license. The also outsourced their news to SKY News from 1991 when they learned they'd lost their franchise to GMTV in order to save money. 

Archived