Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

For quite a few years I've had a 12 minute walk to work, just swopped it for a 40 minute drive. I've done hour/hour and 15 commutes before, driving, and that was as much as I'd realistically want to do.

The nice thing about my new job is flex-hours, so as long as you're in for the core 10-4.30 you can do the rest early or late. So for me, if I leave home at 8.00 and start work at 8.45, I can leave at 5.15 and get home for 6! That'll be the easiest working day I've had in a long time.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is my signature too big?

I like it but yes, it is too big.

From the UKFF Rules and Guildlines:

Images & Avatars

Signature images & avatars are welcome on the UKFF, but these should be no larger than 30kb in size, and should not be of a size which could distract people from reading a thread. We have set a limit at 400 by 300 pixels, any signatures found to be breaking either of these limits will be removed, and repeat offenders will have the rights to a signature removed. We we ask you to comply to this because as the sizes of images increase, so do the loading times of all the pages here. Please remember that not everyone has a super-fast, broadband connection.

:laugh:

My free trial with McAfee has ended on my new laptop. Is AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy the best programs to use nowadays or is there some new free software to use which is good to stop any gremlins getting in?

Microsoft Security Essentials is actually pretty good. Unobtrusive, not a resource hog, and easy enough to use. No complaints here.

Still use Spy Bot Search and Destroy and Malwarebytes Anti Malware just to be sure, like, but it works

• Paid Members

Anyone on here use Firefox and had a problem recently with the sound stopping working?

I've only noticed this the last week or so. The sound plays fine for a while then just stops working for no reason. If I close Firefox and re-open it the sound works again for a bit then fucks off again about half hour later.

Archived