Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 17/03/2018 at 2:46 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Edit - the Joe Joyce fight is on 5 tonight at 10:30pm as well incase anyone doesn't know. 

well, there wasnt much to that was there? I think Palmer looked decent on paper but i think in reality was anything but (guy came off great in his IFL interview though). Still, that was the best punch Joyce has thrown in his pro career. Jury's still out though...

Any predictions for Whyte/Browne?

• Paid Members

Im leaning toward that as well. Ive never been overly impressed with Whyte but the two times hes been highly motivated and fighting someone hes consider a rival hes had two barnburners (AJ/Chisora) so im hopeful this will echo those. The winner likely gets a crack at Wilder too so theres a big incentive here. Still, exciting or not i expect it to be a messy fight.

• Paid Members

I had Chisora winning the Whyte fight as well. That was such a good fight though, way better than anyone could've expected. I remember everyone saying sort of the same thing on here when predicting that fight. Whoever people fancied to win the one common theme seemed to be '...and it's probably going to be a snoozer'. That fight well overdelivered. 

I'm thinking a Whyte decision as well tomorrow but fuck knows really. I'm just hoping it's a good fight, to be honest. 

And yeah, the Joyce fight was blink and miss it stuff. Cracking punch though. And even though he's only had what 3 fights, I actually want to see Joyce get the fast track. Fuck it. He seems to want it, Haye's talking him up big time and he got a bit of a late start as a pro. You get the feeling that he feels like time is of the essence himself and he wants to get moving. Seems a likeable enough bloke as well. Throw him into the mix. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Joyce vs Chisora this year like they've been pushing for. Doing it on the Bellew vs Haye 2 undercard like they've been on about seems a bit ambitious though. Isn't Delboy fighting soon himself or did I imagine that? Can't see him having almost an immediate turnaround to fight Joyce in early May. 

13 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Isn't Delboy fighting soon himself or did I imagine that? 

Delboy has a tune-up fight on tonight's undercard. 

Last I heard, Hearn had dismissed the possibility of Del Boy and Joyce fighting on the May 5th show. 

• Paid Members

For fuck's sake. That's way too close to the fight for my liking. Surely it'll go ahead though, right? I mean this is a business where a judge can delay Floyd Mayweather's 'punishment' for battering his missus in front of their kids, just so he can fight in Vegas and bring in the $$$. All Canelo's done is eat a bit of roidy cow. Slap him on the wrists and let's get on with the Golovkin rematch. 

You would think the fight will still go ahead, to much money involved for it not to. For the good of the sport they should slap a year or so ban on Canelo but i dont think they will. Whyte got two years for drinking Jacked3d or whatever it’s called. Erik Morales got a couple years for the same as what Canelo got caught for. Eddie Hearn said on IFL that boxings in danger of becoming like cycling if it’s not careful. Personally i think Canelo intentionally cheated. Bit gutted as he is one of my favourites and i thought it was a draw last time, despite GGG, controlling alot of the fight.