Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

David Haye clearly taking the piss yet again. You've got to be a bit of a mug if you pay to see this after the De Mori fiasco. This guys got no chance. His best win is against Denis Bakhtov which was a 12 round UD and he got dropped. Anthony Joshua stopped Bakhtov in 2 rounds.

• Paid Members

I was fine with the De Mori fight because Haye had been out so long but this is a bit of a pisstake. Thought his next opponent would at least be someone I'd heard of. No doubt they'll stick this on Dave again and we'll get more of BJ Flores working that pout for the camera.

According to Blackwell's trainer, he's likely to be woken up from his coma today. Fingers crossed things go smoothly.

The Eubanks have been faces by default for the past 18 months. Not because they've done anything to justify a positive reception, but because their chief opponent is such a twerp. It doesn't help that said twerp is promoted by Frank Warren, and while I don't hate Warren myself, most boxing fans do. Especially online.

Big Mick's contract with Channel 5 has expired by all accounts. There was a rumour weeks ago that the McGuigan's might take over, but I haven't heard anything further on that lately. Therefore, where the Eubanks go from here is unclear. They've burnt a lot of bridges over the past few years.

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

The Eubank/Saunders feud is a weird one, its hard to like either of them really. No doubting they are both quality operators though.

There's so much bullshit being spouted in terms of the money involved for both GGG/Saunders and Saunders/Eubank you never really know who to believe.

According to Blackwell's trainer, he's likely to be woken up from his coma today. Fingers crossed things go smoothly.

The Eubanks have been faces by default for the past 18 months. Not because they've done anything to justify a positive reception, but because their chief opponent is such a twerp. It doesn't help that said twerp is promoted by Frank Warren, and while I don't hate Warren myself, most boxing fans do. Especially online.

Big Mick's contract with Channel 5 has expired by all accounts. There was a rumour weeks ago that the McGuigan's might take over, but I haven't heard anything further on that lately. Therefore, where the Eubanks go from here is unclear. They've burnt a lot of bridges over the past few years.

Wait and see I'd read somewhere that it looked like Mick had something else lined up from something he did. Don't ask me what cos I can't recall. Be interesting how the show did on Ch5. A lot of the other free to air cards recently have featured mostly nobody's.

Surely the ref should be sacked after that bout?

Why? He was defending himself and still throwing punches. If it stopped in the 8th people would be moaning. Sack the ref who let briggs be beat into a Coma as well if that's the case.

Curious to think Eubanks lack of Co concusive power is what is doing the damage.

Surely the ref should be sacked after that bout?

Why? He was defending himself and still throwing punches. If it stopped in the 8th people would be moaning. Sack the ref who let briggs be beat into a Coma as well if that's the case.

Curious to think Eubanks lack of Co concusive power is what is doing the damage.

If Eubank had concussive power he'd have put the boy away earlier. It was the repeated blows that did the damage.