*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels vs Venom (Paul Diamond) in a Bunkhouse Brawl from his own promotion, The Texas Wrestling Alliance, in 2000.

It was Shawn's only match between dropping the belt to Austin at WrestleMania in 1998 and his return at SummerSlam 2002 vs Triple H.

https://youtu.be/iQmEkpbJJvE

I remember buying the VHS of that event. Quality was even worse than that video. I never knew (never bothered to wonder in truth) that Venom was Paul Diamond. I just assumed it was one of the trainees.

• Paid Members

Hardly his fault. They bought tables with the plastic under it, like you get in Junior school. You cant break those things down the middle. Poor bloke was put in a right fix when he had to put Paul Diamond through it.

Funny to see vintage Shawn Michaels in such a low rent piece of shit building wrestling Max Moon. He must have been on drugs at the time to think that was a good idea. I remember there was talk of Heyman trying to con him into wrestling for ECW in exchange for a bunch of ECW wrestlers who he'd let wrestle in the TWA. Ever the opportunist is Paul. In fairness, RVD vs Shawn Michaels at the Hammerstein Ballroom for one of those late 2000 ECW pay-per-views would have been a pretty huge deal.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I love that Paul thinks he ever had a shot.
Shawn worked that match because it was his own promotion and he broke into the business with Diamond and trusted him not to hurt him (notice all the kendo stick / chair shots are to the upper back, not the lower back). No way would Shawn have put his health in the hands of somebody as reckless as RVD - no matter how many drugs he was on at the time.

• Paid Members

Holy shit the guy who comes in at the end and botches 3 table spots in a row

That's Shooter Schultz! He was one of the original 4 Michaels students, along with American Dragon, Spanky & Lance Cade

• Paid Members

Incredible. Reminds me of my dads first steps after he suffered a paralysing stroke a few years ago. You do not understand the determination it takes to do something that simple until you see it up close. Shame they ended it with that fucking sing song though.

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels vs Venom (Paul Diamond) in a Bunkhouse Brawl from his own promotion, The Texas Wrestling Alliance, in 2000.

It was Shawn's only match between dropping the belt to Austin at WrestleMania in 1998 and his return at SummerSlam 2002 vs Triple H.

I remember buying the VHS of that event. Quality was even worse than that video. I never knew (never bothered to wonder in truth) that Venom was Paul Diamond. I just assumed it was one of the trainees.

Huh. I'd assumed at the time (without ever seeing any actual footage) that the 'Venom' I'd seen listed on TWA shows was the 90s luchador 'Venum' of AAA/Azteca/Tijuana.

TIL indeed...