The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

• Paid Members

Had an absolute rotten week. Even Serena Williams managed to lose and cost me an accumulator win. I think my problem is that I always bet pretty low so even when I win it doesn't manage to cover the losses.

I see Levadia Tallinn are evens to beat Bala in the Europa League tomorrow night. Bala have only been back in training a week and have lost their best striker, while Tallinn are well into their season. Worth a few quid.

• 1 month later...

Good to see the footie back and wwffan2 bumping this as it had slipped my mind.

So many tempting prices early in the season until teams find their feet. Nicked a nice wee four fold on the opening day with Airdrie, Aberdeen, Fleetwood & Newport all doing the business which was even more satisfying as Airdrie went 0-2 down early doors before coming back to win pretty comfortably in the end.

I've reinvested some of my winnings into the PGA Championship which started today with e/w bets at paddy power on Jason Dufner (35/1), Bill Haas (50/1) and Jason Day (50/1) and all three have started reasonably well although Adam Scott had came flying out the blocks with a five under opening round of 65 to lead on the first day.

As for the weekend and it's purely going on vibes from opening games and some of the highlights i'd fancy Bradford (4/5) to beat Carlisle who looked dreadful last week and conceded some horrendously bad goals.

I'd also lean towards Newport (23/10) away to Northampton which, again, is due to them coming up and being a bit of an unknown quantity but they have started with two fantastic results and the players' confidence will be buzzing following promotion where as Northampton have started very flat after a good 2012/13 season and lost their first two games.

Last one would be Fleetwood (8/5) away to Plymouth. I made a point of going to see Fleetwood when i was down in Blackpool a few weeks ago and they really, really impressed me albeit it was a pre-season friendly they looked very sharp fitness wise and were very tidy with the ball when in possession. Looked better going forward than they did defending mind you but still hopefully have too much for Plymouth.

• Paid Members

Is it bad of me that I only come in this thread to find out how much wwffan loses at the weekend?

Cleetus, based off how they played last night and even chucking out a fair few players that will play tomorrow, as well as the rest of pre season and a largely unchanged Wigan squad from last year, that's probably a better bet than you think.

Is it bad of me that I only come in this thread to find out how much wwffan loses at the weekend?

Cleetus, based off how they played last night and even chucking out a fair few players that will play tomorrow, as well as the rest of pre season and a largely unchanged Wigan squad from last year, that's probably a better bet than you think.

sorry to disapoint you but I have quit got bored lots of effort for little return.

I've reinvested some of my winnings into the PGA Championship which started today with e/w bets at paddy power on Jason Dufner (35/1), Bill Haas (50/1) and Jason Day (50/1) and all three have started reasonably well although Adam Scott had came flying out the blocks with a five under opening round of 65 to lead on the first day.

Mon the Dufmeister !! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Mon the Dufmeister !! :thumbsup:

Have you got any more golf tips to impart? Whenever I read this topic you seem to have won on the golf!