The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

It looks tricky today.

1.30 - I've thought Samcro was bombproof all winter but the horses he's beat that ran in the supreme didn't exactly set the world on fire. Maybe the Irish novices aren't up to much? Black Op and Vision De Flos to small stakes- but I'll probably leave alone.

2.10 - Monalee.

2.50 - A proper pin job this. The hardest race of the week. Haven't backed a winner in the Coral Cup since Adam was a lad. It's interesting that Royal Vacation runs here in preference to yesterday and he'll go on the ground. Fix Le Kap ran a shocker last time out but again the ground will help. Henderson has won this before with a failed chased in Spirit River also.

3.30 - Against Altior and Douvan. Altior had an injury scare on Monday and Douvan hasn't run in a year. My dad always says that Cheltenham winners are horses who's season has gone exactly right- you don't regain form here or comeback from injury (Faugheen). If you've had a couple of winners already in the day then climb on Min. Wait till the off because I think his price will drift. Politoluge the danger, unless he gets into a fight for the lead with Special Tiara.

4.10 - No interest. Josies Orders just for a bit of interest.

4.50 - Back anything Paul Nicholls trains. He's had something like 3 winners and 4 seconds from 15 runners over the last 8 years. Act Of Valour will do for me, but he also runs something at 20s who's name I can't remember with Twiston Davies riding.

5.30 - God knows. Joseph O'Brien likes his horse, but I can't remember the name. If in doubt, back something that's won on soft and won in a field of at least 12. Usually that gives you the winner.

• Paid Members

This is more info for today:

Ballymore
Samcro will win. Apparently its pretty much the best horse at the festival. Duc des genievres as an ew maybe.

RSA chase
Presenting Percy is a very good horse and likely to win as he did last year.  Dounikos will potentially challenge him.

Coral cup
Another free for all. No clear winner. Le Breuil, Diamond King and Blue Berry worth e/w bets as the jockeys have done well in this race before. Topofthegame worth a small punt as e/w too.

Queen mother chase
Altior is beatable they think although its such a quick horse it may be too good. Douvan could be the only one to do it but has been out injured for a year. Charbel worth an e/w bet. Politilogue capable but inconsistent.

Cross Country Chase
Cause of Causes very likely to win. Won 4 out of last 5 years at the festival. 

Fred winter
Nube negra looks a decent favourite. The King of May potentially e/w. Style De Garde also fancied e/w and has a top jockey.

Champion bumper
Know the Score best bet as e/w. Acey Milan could win it and also has a great name!

• Paid Members

I can't be having Altior or Douvan today. Altior was lame 2 days ago and Douvan hasn't run for a year. Min for me. 

The rest of mine today are flights of fancy and I won't bother you with them

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
Additional information

6 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I can't be having Altior or Douvan today. Altior was lame 2 days ago and Douvan hasn't run for a year. Min for me. 

Completely agree with that. I've backed Min to win, and Politologue each way, without Altior.

7 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

I'm also on a fiver treble after our 40 pound loss yesterday haha. I went with Percy over Monalee. Good luck to us both!

1 down, I might cash out if Monalee wins to learn my lesson from yesterday, either that or cover myself with another horse in the same race