The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Just subscribed to The Observer, and in the back issue for 11th March 1991, there is this reference:

Paul Bearer is just incredible in his role with Undertaker.There's a difference between doing away with a character and personal humiliation and if you saw the Brother Love burial, you'd know the difference.

Can anybody shed any light as to what happened? Is he saying that was done well? I think he was, but if it's an oblique reference, I'm lost.
It's really two different statements.The Paul Bearer thing is separate. What Dave is going on about is how Brother Love was destroyed by the Ultimate Warrior during the Brother Love Show, having to suffer a huge beating and taking splash after splash. After that, Brother Love disappeared, and Paul Bearer replaced him as the Undertaker's manager.You can see it on the WWF's Funniest Moments videotape.
Yeah, I put the Bearer thing in to give the timing some context - I figured it was around the time of the changeover.So, was there any personal humiliation, etc, with the Brother Love thing? Was there something insider going on, or is he saying it's a straight 'doing away with character' thing?Oh, and cheers, btw.
I believe it was to swap the Undertaker from Love to Bearer, but it's hardly a fair send-off for a non wrestler who had provided a regular angle-making segment for four years.

I believe it was to swap the Undertaker from Love to Bearer, but it's hardly a fair send-off for a non wrestler who had provided a regular angle-making segment for four years.

I just watched it on Youtube and Warrior really lets his knees crack into Love on a couple of the splashes and Vince is on commentary enojying is way too much.

Whatever happened to Matt Bentley? Was in TNA for ages, trained by Shawn Michaels, was a good character wrestler, but asked for his release back in 2007 and I haven't heard anything about him since. Is he on a WWE dev contract or something?

last i heard he was in some band, if he has given up wrestling for that i dont know

What's Amazing Red up to these days?The most recent match I can find with him involved was in January 2006, over 2 and a half years ago.Also, anyone know his real name?

according to wikipedia his real name is Jonathan Figueroa. and over his absence:-

Red's last appearance was at a New York Wrestling Connection event at the beginning of 2006, where he lost his match to Javi-Air and re-injured his knee.Red is currently training for an in-ring comeback later this year. Red left the wrestling business and took on a full-time job to heal his knee after several surgeries. It was made official on the Pro Wrestling Unplugged Website that he will be making his return to their "Haunted" event although he requested off since it was announced that his wife was expecting their child on March 14, 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Red
Thanks very much. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I was thinking about getting the US NOAH dvds that A-Merch and Highspots etc sell and was wondering how official they are? Are they produced by NOAH?I also noticed that they were clipped largely. Is this because they are copies of the original TV product or is there another reason for it?Finally of course simply are they worth getting? The only way I've managed to watch NOAH is either via the net or traders and thought as I enjoy the product so much I'd try and find the best way to get official NOAH products and get some of the money in there pockets that they rightly deserve.On a slight tangent looking at Highspots they seem to sell a great deal of DVD-r's of loads of Japanese promotions and comps. Are they official or are Highspots simply a glorified tape trader? I'm interested in them but I just don't like the idea of paying for what boils down to pirate dvds.

• Paid Members

I can't swear by it, but I'd guess it's a piece of music written specifically for the game credits.

I know it's a peice of production music, but it belongs to universal because it's been on a few other stuff too, and Kurt Angle's initial hype video. I'm not that bothered about what it's called but if anyone can get me an mp3 of it i'd be chuffed :thumbsup:

I can't swear by it, but I'd guess it's a piece of music written specifically for the game credits.

I know it's a peice of production music, but it belongs to universal because it's been on a few other stuff too, and Kurt Angle's initial hype video. I'm not that bothered about what it's called but if anyone can get me an mp3 of it i'd be chuffed :thumbsup:
PM sent.