The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

A possible example is when WWE did their first Hell in the Cell match on Raw - Undertaker & Austin v Foley & Kane. WCW reacted by doing a DDP v Randy Savage cage match - the difference being, this cage had a roof on. While you may argue the concept of the roof on the cage match was created by Wargames - essentially, a WCW product - this really couldn't have been anything of a coincidence (IIRC, the Page v Savage match was decent, but looked totally low rent in comparison with HitC)...

That's the sort of thing I was after thanks and thanks to fraserbee too.That does sound like a typical WCW response to WWF doing anything unique on a Monday night. Copy, copy copy.EDIT: A question to help out a really shitty Wikipedia article I'm trying to clean up:Am I right in refering to a barbed wire match where the ropes are left up and the wire wrapped around the ropes as a "Carribean Barbed Wire" match? I have no idea where I got the term from, but it could have been in Foley's first book. Edited by Ro_y Disco

Gimmick matches get different names all over the place. I'm quite sure it's been called that somewhere, most likely in reference to some Carlos Colon craziness. I've only ever heard of it as a barbed wire match, but who knows?

What was the name of that guy signed from one of the Tough Enoughs that apparently Steph and Triple H like? Last I heard he was in developmentals, looked exactly like Orton and was supposed to be called up to main roster for a big push, but this was ages ago and I've heard nothing from him since. I can't even remember his name. Anyone got any info on him?

Am I right in refering to a barbed wire match where the ropes are left up and the wire wrapped around the ropes as a "Carribean Barbed Wire" match? I have no idea where I got the term from, but it could have been in Foley's first book.

I believe the phrase was coined (as Kenny pointed out) from something involving Carlos Colon.The earliest Japanese 'Caribbean Barbed Wire' match that I can recall was in W*ING in 1992 (Mr Pogo and Super Invader vs Mitsuteru Tokuda and Yukihiro Kanemura). At the time, Pogo and Invader were managed by Victor Qui

• Paid Members

What was the name of that guy signed from one of the Tough Enoughs that apparently Steph and Triple H like? Last I heard he was in developmentals, looked exactly like Orton and was supposed to be called up to main roster for a big push, but this was ages ago and I've heard nothing from him since. I can't even remember his name. Anyone got any info on him?

Daniel Rodimer?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Rodimer?

Krusher Krushchev? Was he supposed to be Russian? If he was, that's the worst Ruskie accent ever.

I may be remembering this wrongly but I believe that Darsow was portrayed as a Russian sympathiser, and certainly, at first, was never actually portrayed as being Russian. I think the JCP announcers just neglected to mention after the first few weeks/months that he was actually a Yankie...

• Paid Members

Krusher Krushchev? Was he supposed to be Russian? If he was, that's the worst Ruskie accent ever.

I may be remembering this wrongly but I believe that Darsow was portrayed as a Russian sympathiser, and certainly, at first, was never actually portrayed as being Russian. I think the JCP announcers just neglected to mention after the first few weeks/months that he was actually a Yankie...
Thanks for that! Sounds an interesting gimmick for its time.

Daniel Rodimer?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Rodimer?
Yea I remember being quite surprised about him being let go after reading about how highly Steph, and less so HHH, apparently thought of him.

Is there a website dedicated to Wrestlecrap? Perhaps one with links to youtube videos or something along those lines. Just reading the wrestlecrap book and I really want to watch some of the stuff in there, mostly WCW stuff!

Um, yeah. I'm pretty sure the book tells you that it's named after RD's site, wrestlecrap.com.