The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Right, we're back on the silver, strawberry time machine back to 1995. Which WWF programmes would be on Sky? Thanks.

At a guess, I'd say Superstars and Mania on Sky One with Wrestling Challenge and Monday Night Raw on Sky Sports.
I seem to remember that Sky didn't show Raw until mid 1995 - we only got Raw action in recap shows like Mania.If my memory serves me right, we got Mania on Saturday lunchtimes, Superstars on Saturday tea-times, Challenge on Sunday mornings and All American wrestling on Sunday evenings all on Sky 1.I think when Raw came along first, in mid 1995, it was on Fridays about 6pm on Sky Sports. All American disappeared about this time. The Pay Per Views were on Sunday Nights on Sky Sports.I might be remembering this all wrong though.

• Paid Members

All American wrestling on Sunday evenings all on Sky 1.I might be remembering this all wrong though.

I know they stopped producing All American Wrestling in 94... Not sure if there was something else besides Superstars and Mania that ran in its place, though.

Is XWT down atm? I'm getting a connection error from my uploads (though they're still uploading), I'm getting a connection error from my downloads (though they're still downloading), and all I'm getting from the site is some weird database type thingy.Cheers

Is XWT down atm? I'm getting a connection error from my uploads (though they're still uploading), I'm getting a connection error from my downloads (though they're still downloading), and all I'm getting from the site is some weird database type thingy.Cheers

The main site is back up now, but there doesnt seem to be any torrents, theres just a message saying "Nothing Here, Sorry pal :(" XWT Classics seems to still be working ok though. Edited by klown

All American wrestling on Sunday evenings all on Sky 1.I might be remembering this all wrong though.

I know they stopped producing All American Wrestling in 94... Not sure if there was something else besides Superstars and Mania that ran in its place, though.
There was - The Action Zone. It debuted in late 94, going with a main event of Bret Hart v Owen Hart in their first free TV match, and followed up with a terrificly awesome tag match pitting Ramon & Kid v Diesel & Michaels the next week (the third week, by the way, was Lawler v Bob Holly). This programme had original content at first, but eventually became another clips show - albeit one that I remember as being fairly enjoyable, and much of that was down to the interplay between the hosts Todd Petengill and Doc Hendrix (Michael Hayes).For the record, I seem to remember the first Raw that Sky Sports showed was from September 95, and featured a Sid v Shawn main event (which, famously, was one of the spoilers given away by Bishoff during Nitro's early days). It may or may not have been broadcast on a Thursday evening, before settling into a Friday tea-time time slot...

bit of an update on XWT

Show/Hide Jul-22-08 - XWT Hacked/Torrents Lost!Well i am sure most of you know that earlier today XWT was hacked quite severly and over 6000 of our torrents were deleted along with rude/abusive messages added to our news page. We are still currently working on the tracker, so if you see any errors please be patient as they will not be there for long.We now need your help, we have lost roughly 1300 active torrents so if any of you can re-upload them to the site so other members can jump on and seed we really would appreciate it. None of our member accounts have been lost during this. If any of you require further support please use our Forum.Please check our dead torrents to see if you have any of the files on your system to help seed.Also if any of you sent me a PM regarding a donation you have made or about any other issue over the past 12 hours can you please re-send it to me.

Right, we're back on the silver, strawberry time machine back to 1995. Which WWF programmes would be on Sky? Thanks.

At a guess, I'd say Superstars and Mania on Sky One with Wrestling Challenge and Monday Night Raw on Sky Sports.
I seem to remember that Sky didn't show Raw until mid 1995 - we only got Raw action in recap shows like Mania.If my memory serves me right, we got Mania on Saturday lunchtimes, Superstars on Saturday tea-times, Challenge on Sunday mornings and All American wrestling on Sunday evenings all on Sky 1.I think when Raw came along first, in mid 1995, it was on Fridays about 6pm on Sky Sports. All American disappeared about this time. The Pay Per Views were on Sunday Nights on Sky Sports.I might be remembering this all wrong though.
Until about mid 1994, Mania was first shown on Sky One on Friday evenings, then repeated the next day at around mid day.

• 2 weeks later...

In the past or currently, has any 'top' company (WWE, TNA, WCW etc.) changed a gimmick match or similar on a show in light of what another show is offering around the same time?There's no correct answer for this, but if anyone has any examples of this happening (e.g. WWF changing a PPV stip because WCW is also promoting the same stip) or not happening (e.g. 2 rival PPV's offering up a cage match), or anyone mentioning a simlar practice in an interview etc that'd be great. Thanks!

In the past or currently, has any 'top' company (WWE, TNA, WCW etc.) changed a gimmick match or similar on a show in light of what another show is offering around the same time?There's no correct answer for this, but if anyone has any examples of this happening (e.g. WWF changing a PPV stip because WCW is also promoting the same stip) or not happening (e.g. 2 rival PPV's offering up a cage match), or anyone mentioning a simlar practice in an interview etc that'd be great. Thanks!

I remember in October of 1997, WWF promoted the first Hell in a Cell with Michaels and Undertaker, while WCW did a Thundercage match with Hogan and Piper. The matches were somewhat similar in that they both included a cage that covered the entire ringside area. I'm not really sure whether one was staged as a reaction to the other or if it is just a coincidence.

A possible example is when WWE did their first Hell in the Cell match on Raw - Undertaker & Austin v Foley & Kane. WCW reacted by doing a DDP v Randy Savage cage match - the difference being, this cage had a roof on. While you may argue the concept of the roof on the cage match was created by Wargames - essentially, a WCW product - this really couldn't have been anything of a coincidence (IIRC, the Page v Savage match was decent, but looked totally low rent in comparison with HitC)...