The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Who? I only remember it because Miss Robinson asked if he'd ever won anything, and he said "I was World Champion" with this huge look of embarrassment as he knew that it sounded ridiculous and had obviously one some local fed's "World" championship which now seemed rather a hollow victory when relating it to a huge audience of non-wrestling fans.

Paul Vault was a former NWA UK Hammerlock wrestler and former NWA UK Juniour Heavyweight champion... He was also a former pole vaulter (I believe Olympic level)... and done not oo badly for himself in one series of the original Gladiators...As to being a World Champion... it certainly wasn't in the NWA... almost positive it wasn't at pole vaulting... and I'm not sure what else he done wrestling wise... but this was back in the times when most Hammerlock guys weren't wrestling many other places...

What's Amazing Red up to these days?The most recent match I can find with him involved was in January 2006, over 2 and a half years ago.Also, anyone know his real name?

according to wikipedia his real name is Jonathan Figueroa. and over his absence:-

Red's last appearance was at a New York Wrestling Connection event at the beginning of 2006, where he lost his match to Javi-Air and re-injured his knee.Red is currently training for an in-ring comeback later this year. Red left the wrestling business and took on a full-time job to heal his knee after several surgeries. It was made official on the Pro Wrestling Unplugged Website that he will be making his return to their "Haunted" event although he requested off since it was announced that his wife was expecting their child on March 14, 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Red Edited by benbobjr

Does any body know where I can get hold of the UFC hype video that is played at the live events with the music of "Baba O Reilly" by The Who ?

It is like the WWE's Lonely Road Of Faith video that they play at live events. Anyone who has been to a UFC event knows how awesome it is.

Cheers in advance.

• Paid Members

I don't know for certain that you can't get it, but I've tried and failed ever since I first saw it. My guess is they've only got the rights to use it live in the arena and would have to pay extra to broadcast the video.

Whatever happened to Matt Bentley? Was in TNA for ages, trained by Shawn Michaels, was a good character wrestler, but asked for his release back in 2007 and I haven't heard anything about him since. Is he on a WWE dev contract or something?

• Paid Members

Just subscribed to The Observer, and in the back issue for 11th March 1991, there is this reference:

Paul Bearer is just incredible in his role with Undertaker.There's a difference between doing away with a character and personal humiliation and if you saw the Brother Love burial, you'd know the difference.

Can anybody shed any light as to what happened? Is he saying that was done well? I think he was, but if it's an oblique reference, I'm lost.

Just subscribed to The Observer, and in the back issue for 11th March 1991, there is this reference:

Paul Bearer is just incredible in his role with Undertaker.There's a difference between doing away with a character and personal humiliation and if you saw the Brother Love burial, you'd know the difference.

Can anybody shed any light as to what happened? Is he saying that was done well? I think he was, but if it's an oblique reference, I'm lost.
It's really two different statements.The Paul Bearer thing is separate. What Dave is going on about is how Brother Love was destroyed by the Ultimate Warrior during the Brother Love Show, having to suffer a huge beating and taking splash after splash. After that, Brother Love disappeared, and Paul Bearer replaced him as the Undertaker's manager.You can see it on the WWF's Funniest Moments videotape.

• Paid Members

It's really two different statements.The Paul Bearer thing is separate. What Dave is going on about is how Brother Love was destroyed by the Ultimate Warrior during the Brother Love Show, having to suffer a huge beating and taking splash after splash. After that, Brother Love disappeared, and Paul Bearer replaced him as the Undertaker's manager.You can see it on the WWF's Funniest Moments videotape.
Yeah, I put the Bearer thing in to give the timing some context - I figured it was around the time of the changeover.So, was there any personal humiliation, etc, with the Brother Love thing? Was there something insider going on, or is he saying it's a straight 'doing away with character' thing?Oh, and cheers, btw. Edited by Darque Edge