The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

That's rubbish, there's like 5 videos on there and none of them are actually from shows or about stuff that's in the book.

Well, that site is definately not as good as it once was. Edited by bAzTNM

• Paid Members

Years ago i remember seeing a Trainspotting "choose life"-style t-shirt that instead had "choose wrestling" and lots of wrestling references on it. Does anybody know where i can get one?Thanks.

Does anybody use the "Tiger Driver" anymore? Also known as the "Pearl River Plunge".Haven't saw it anywhere in years.

The chap in my avatar uses that move quite a bit. In fact, I'd say Mitsuharu Misawa has used the Tiger Driver more than anybody else in the last 20 years.He also uses (on rare occasions), an alternative, more dangerous version of the Tiger Driver, known as the Tiger Driver '91 (named after the year it debuted). Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYWQqfucWLYAnd an even better one is here:
Oh, and there's also this little one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavMFjr1mooAwesome stuff. Simply awesome.

Years ago i remember seeing a Trainspotting "choose life"-style t-shirt that instead had "choose wrestling" and lots of wrestling references on it. Does anybody know where i can get one?Thanks.

That sounds like the Suckerpunch T-shirt. I think there were only three ever made and they're owned by Grant Lowrie, Ross Gordon and me. Sorry. If I can figure out where mine is, I'll type it up and you can recreate it. I'm sure Grant won't sue you for royalties. ;)

• Paid Members

Does anybody use the "Tiger Driver" anymore? Also known as the "Pearl River Plunge".Haven't saw it anywhere in years.

The chap in my avatar uses that move quite a bit. In fact, I'd say Mitsuharu Misawa has used the Tiger Driver more than anybody else in the last 20 years.He also uses (on rare occasions), an alternative, more dangerous version of the Tiger Driver, known as the Tiger Driver '91 (named after the year it debuted). Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYWQqfucWLYAnd an even better one is here:
Oh, and there's also this little one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavMFjr1mooAwesome stuff. Simply awesome.
Some good videos there. Cheers.

• Paid Members

I picked up a compilation of Taz vs. Bigelow from ECW. There's some interaction in 1996, with BBB the babyface, ending with Taz choking out Bigelow on a show in December 1996. It then jumps to the angle where BBB begs Taz to team with him against the Triple Threat before turning on him (from late '97/early '98 I think). Is it a case of footage being missing or was there really no further story after the choke out in Dec 1996? If so, why? Cheers.

I don't remember that specifically, but I'd guess Bigelow was just one of the many guys brought in to be victims of the Path Of Rage~. Around that time, the money he'd have wanted to go full-time might have been prohibitive for ECW or maybe he had other offers and didn't want to hang around or any number of other things. I certainly don't remember him as an ECW regular through most of 1997.

Here's one, how do they get Vickie Guerrero in and out the ring when she's in her wheelchair?

La Familia always helped her in, or sometimes due to Edges greatness, minor miracles where performed and she could get in on her own accord!

Question:Did AJPW have some sort of arrangement with WCW back in the early 00's? I'm asking because I recently watched a Triple Crown match involving Keiji Mutoh and Scott Hall, who was decked out in his Wolfpac Kliq attire. If so, to what extent was this arrangement, and did any other notable matches happen because of it?

Edited by Spartan X