The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

The only wrestler I can think of who matches that description is Johnny Swinger but that was about 2 years back and he appeared on Heat a few times as Johnny Parisi. Don't know if thats who you're on about.

Thats the guy. Thanks. Was annoying me trying to remember his name.
His dad was a former WWWF Tag-Champion also (Tony Parisi).

I was gonna start a thread about this, but considered it'd already be a topic on here. It relates to training schools.I'm pretty much sold on the idea of training (i.e. absolutely, utterly consumed by the idea) and would like to do so once I finish university (don't really have the funds to travel atm, and I live in Leicester and don;t think there is a decent one around). I figured i'd use this time to continue hitting the gym and getting bigger, stronger and fitter.Would anyone be able to reccomend one, if not a couple, of the best ones in the country?!Whilst one close to coventry would be ideal, i'm not afraid to travel and even find somewhere to stay overnight if it means being trained to the best possible standard available (see; not a 'shitarse').Any information would be wonderful......Also, at 22 (which is what i'll be when I finish), i'm not leaving it a bit late. Am I?!

• Paid Members

I was gonna start a thread about this, but considered it'd already be a topic on here. It relates to training schools.I'm pretty much sold on the idea of training (i.e. absolutely, utterly consumed by the idea) and would like to do so once I finish university (don't really have the funds to travel atm, and I live in Leicester and don;t think there is a decent one around). I figured i'd use this time to continue hitting the gym and getting bigger, stronger and fitter.Would anyone be able to reccomend one, if not a couple, of the best ones in the country?!Whilst one close to coventry would be ideal, i'm not afraid to travel and even find somewhere to stay overnight if it means being trained to the best possible standard available (see; not a 'shitarse').Any information would be wonderful......Also, at 22 (which is what i'll be when I finish), i'm not leaving it a bit late. Am I?!

If you can get over to Nottingham (I'm crap at Geography, but I don't think they're too far apart...) SLAM have a training school there run by Stixx which has trained Paul Malen (Of the UKFF UK 50 :D), and the trainees coming out of there are top notch. As for being late, 'course not, I didn't even begin in the wrestling business until I was 22, okay it was as a ref, but I also started doing some training at that time, there are people who start training a lot later than that.

DDP only got into wrestling much later than that, and he made a good living off it for a while.Doesn't Robbie Brookside run a training school in Leicester still? Or have you already disregarded that? If so, then yeah, Stixx and Paul Malen train folks in Nottingham for SLAM.

Either didn't know, or had forgotten about, Brookside's.I shall look into both, thank you very much for the information. Finding one in Leicester would be splendid, and could perhaps mean I could start earlier. Which would be fun.

• Paid Members

Either didn't know, or had forgotten about, Brookside's.I shall look into both, thank you very much for the information. Finding one in Leicester would be splendid, and could perhaps mean I could start earlier. Which would be fun.

Out of interest...what's brought all this on? I very much got the impression you was in the same boat as, ironically, a pretty hefty amount of regular posters on this board who's general interest in pro-wrestling was waning and more force of habit. I also ask because i'd consider myself in a similar place to you and not in the geographical sense.

The only wrestler I can think of who matches that description is Johnny Swinger but that was about 2 years back and he appeared on Heat a few times as Johnny Parisi. Don't know if thats who you're on about.

Thats the guy. Thanks. Was annoying me trying to remember his name.
His dad was a former WWWF Tag-Champion also (Tony Parisi).
Not quite. While it's believed that Antonio Pugliese (Tony Parisi) and Joseph Dorgan (Johnny "Johnny Swinger" Parisi) are related, the accepted wisdom seems to be that Pugliese is Dorgan's great-uncle...

• Paid Members

Is there anywehre i can get a DVD purely on Doug Williams? I know there is a shoot interview available, but i was hoping for matches.

The Wrestling Channel used to show a big, four-hour compilation dedicated to Williams matches. You might be able to track that down somewhere.

Out of interest...what's brought all this on? I very much got the impression you was in the same boat as, ironically, a pretty hefty amount of regular posters on this board who's general interest in pro-wrestling was waning and more force of habit. I also ask because i'd consider myself in a similar place to you and not in the geographical sense.

Both are, in part, true to be honest.I used to be a nailed on WWE mark, who would watch each and every show all the time. But, generally apathy towards the product has lead me to just watch Raw and Pay Per Views. I'm not necessarily positive about what I watch on the whole, I enjoy enough to keep me coming back.But, at the root of it all i've always had an insane, all consuming passion for wrestling.In my downtime it's pretty much a cert i'll be watching wrestling, be it a past DVD or the weeks programming. I go through wrestler autobiographies like they are pamphlets, and am forever going through spots, or whatever, in my head. it's just something I feel I need to have a go at, and try and make a positive impact on......nothing to lose.

• Paid Members

Info on Brookside's school, c+p'd from the website:Robbie BrooksideInstructor / Coach: WrestlingLocation: Urban Martial Arts HQ, St John Street, Leicester LE1 3WLTel: (0116) 253 8668Email: wrestling@urbanmartialarts.comWeb: www.wrestleicester.comI trained there myself for a good while before giving up due to not being able to hack it physically. It's a quality school, Brookside is an excellent teacher and has superb connections. Recently his standout trainees (who he's been training for 2 years or more now) have been featured on Premier Promotions shows.

• Paid Members

Both are, in part, true to be honest.I used to be a nailed on WWE mark, who would watch each and every show all the time. But, generally apathy towards the product has lead me to just watch Raw and Pay Per Views. I'm not necessarily positive about what I watch on the whole, I enjoy enough to keep me coming back.But, at the root of it all i've always had an insane, all consuming passion for wrestling.In my downtime it's pretty much a cert i'll be watching wrestling, be it a past DVD or the weeks programming. I go through wrestler autobiographies like they are pamphlets, and am forever going through spots, or whatever, in my head. it's just something I feel I need to have a go at, and try and make a positive impact on......nothing to lose.
Yeah, that all sounds incredibly similar. Except you should give Smackdown a chance.