The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Whats the story with the whole 'WCW The Big Bang' PPV?

Bischoff (backed by Fusient media) agreed a deal to buy WCW. They were going to cancel the April PPV, show old footage on TV and then relaunch with a "big bang" on PPV. Unfortunately, Time Warner pulled the plug on WCW TV which made the company worthless when Bisch couldn't find an alternate TV station.

what date was the last wrestling shown on itv, i know wos stopped in 85 but saturdat afternoon went on for a bit after that.

Surely it was towards the middle or end of 93, as i remember them promoting a 93 WCW tour...actually that wasnt very helpful :( Edited by klown

what date was the last wrestling shown on itv, i know wos stopped in 85 but saturdat afternoon went on for a bit after that.

Check my sig. World Of Sport ended in '85. The wrestling show continued in a different time slot until the end of '88. After that, there was a break, then WCW appeared on some ITV regions (not STV :angry: ) around 1992 and carried on for almost 2 years, I think.

• Paid Members

Check my sig. World Of Sport ended in '85. The wrestling show continued in a different time slot until the end of '88. After that, there was a break, then WCW appeared on some ITV regions (not STV :angry: ) around 1992 and carried on for almost 2 years, I think.
It appeared on STV, at about 3am, twice in 1995. Always remember that.

Could anybody tell me a complete match/segment listing for Big Vision's Hardcore Homecoming/November Reign UK release double (quadruple disc) pack please? Thanks very much

Assuming the UK release is the same as the original USA releases ...Hardcore Homecoming- introduction by Tod Gordon, Joey Styles, Cyrus, and Joel Gertner1) Mikey Whipwreck & Chris Chetti vs Simon Diamond & C.W. Anderson2) Blue Meanie vs Tracy Smothers- fallen heroes of hardcore tribute, featuring Tammy Sytch, Pitbull 1, Johnny Grunge, 911.3) 2 Cold Scorpio vs Kid Kash4) New Jack & John Kronus vs Ian & Axl Rotten5) Jerry Lynn vs Justin Credible (with Jason)6) The Sandman vs Raven (with Blue Meanie & The Musketeer)7) No-Rope Barbed Wire Match: Sabu (with Bill Alfonso) vs Terry Funk vs Shane Douglas (with Francine)The entire show was superb live, but due to editing out crowd chants and entrance music it comes across fairly poor on dvd.The main event and Lynn vs Credible are good matches, Raven vs Sandman was fun, and New Jack cut an interesting promo.November Reign1) Blue Meanie vs Danny Doring2) C.W. Anderson vs Spike Dudley3) Balls Mahoney vs John Kronus4) Shane Douglas (with Francine) vs Pitbull Gary Wolfe - Dog Collar Match- Terry Funk tribute with Tod Gordon5) Ian Rotten vs Axl Rotten - Taipei Death Match 2- appearance from Dawn Marie6) Jerry Lynn vs Justin Credible - Steel Cage Match7) Sabu & Terry Funk vs The Dudley BoyzThe cage match was very good and features a surprise run-in, the hardcore stuff was decent with flaming tables in the main event and Ian & Axl slicing eachother up - but like with Hardcore Homecoming, editing out entrance music really puts a spanner in the works.

• Paid Members

It varied by regions.In the Central area, we didn't have a break after British wrestling stopped airing in 1988. That was followed up by late weeknight airings of Wrestling Challenge through most of 1989 followed by WCW Power Hour which started around October/November of that year. That and then WCW Pro and/or Worldwide continued into late 1990/early 1991 when Central then started showing different independent groups for successive several month runs, and they included: the Global Wrestling Alliance (Florida indy show from 1987 that featured Norman Smiley, Jumbo Baretta, Rusty Brookes, Steve 'Party Animal' Collins and Cpl. Kirchner, amongst others);some British promotion (I think it was called WAW, and it may have even been TV tapings from the same Norwich-based WAW promotion of today); ICW (New York mid-eighties indy that featured Eric Sbracchia, Kevin Sullivan, Mark Lewin, Woman, Austin Idol and Joe Savoldi);and, Florida Championship Wrestling (from 1989, featuring Scotty The Body, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Hangman Bobby Jaggers, a young Dustin Rhodes and US Steel, amongst others). Then when WCW began airing on Saturday afternoons in horribly edited form, the late weeknight shows stopped airing.It's concerning that I vividly recall this yet can't remember a single match from last month's TNA pay-per-view, whatever it was called.

Could anybody tell me a complete match/segment listing for Big Vision's Hardcore Homecoming/November Reign UK release double (quadruple disc) pack please? Thanks very much

Assuming the UK release is the same as the original USA releases ...Hardcore Homecoming- introduction by Tod Gordon, Joey Styles, Cyrus, and Joel Gertner1) Mikey Whipwreck & Chris Chetti vs Simon Diamond & C.W. Anderson2) Blue Meanie vs Tracy Smothers- fallen heroes of hardcore tribute, featuring Tammy Sytch, Pitbull 1, Johnny Grunge, 911.3) 2 Cold Scorpio vs Kid Kash4) New Jack & John Kronus vs Ian & Axl Rotten5) Jerry Lynn vs Justin Credible (with Jason)6) The Sandman vs Raven (with Blue Meanie & The Musketeer)7) No-Rope Barbed Wire Match: Sabu (with Bill Alfonso) vs Terry Funk vs Shane Douglas (with Francine)The entire show was superb live, but due to editing out crowd chants and entrance music it comes across fairly poor on dvd.The main event and Lynn vs Credible are good matches, Raven vs Sandman was fun, and New Jack cut an interesting promo.November Reign1) Blue Meanie vs Danny Doring2) C.W. Anderson vs Spike Dudley3) Balls Mahoney vs John Kronus4) Shane Douglas (with Francine) vs Pitbull Gary Wolfe - Dog Collar Match- Terry Funk tribute with Tod Gordon5) Ian Rotten vs Axl Rotten - Taipei Death Match 2- appearance from Dawn Marie6) Jerry Lynn vs Justin Credible - Steel Cage Match7) Sabu & Terry Funk vs The Dudley BoyzThe cage match was very good and features a surprise run-in, the hardcore stuff was decent with flaming tables in the main event and Ian & Axl slicing eachother up - but like with Hardcore Homecoming, editing out entrance music really puts a spanner in the works.
Thanks dopper :)